Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAYDAY 2 Released For Linux, SteamOS Gamers

Phoronix: PAYDAY 2 Released For Linux, SteamOS Gamers

As some more exciting news to Linux gamers besides NVIDIA releasing a Wayland/Mir-supportive driver and mainline Vulkan support is the release of PAYDAY 2 for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aw no benchies

Seems like it runs well on AMD though;
    (from GOL comments)
    Originally posted by pete910
    Have to say, it works very well!

running at 100+ outside @ 1440p with what I believe is all the bells and whistles on, Thats on a AMD 290x too :P

I have no clue what i'm doing though :huh:
    To much surprise

Comment

This game does not run with libc6 2.15 which is the minimum to run Steam usually. Very annoying...

Code:
      /home/xxx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/PAYDAY 2/payday2_release: /home/xxx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by /home/xxx/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/PAYDAY 2/payday2_release)

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
        Aw no benchies

Seems like it runs well on AMD though;
        (from GOL comments)

To much surprise
        That's me

Comment

It's FREE TO PLAY until 31st March!!

Comment

Considering the rage of users and the vast majority of bad comments (basically since the game became a "pay for win") this port arrives a bit late...

Anyway as it is free to play for a few days I will get a look

Comment

Hm, haven't tinkered with it yet, but even on 6600K skylake @ 4.7Ghz and GTX 970 framerate often dips very low pretty much *regardless* of settings (in fact I don't see much of a fps difference between highest settings and lowest).

So far I would say that the linux port is pretty crappy, but then again, we can just wait and see if it improves in next few months.
              Same went for Witcher2 and they managed to get it decent enough play in few months via post release updates.
              Last edited by Guest; 22 March 2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Hey I know we aren't a video game review site but....... Pay to win, with hundreds of dollars worth of dlc + micro transactions. Hate what the devs have done. They basically told all the players fuck you its our game. They have lost over half their player base. Some people are probably ok with that and don't see a problem. Probably the same people who pay $100 for a hat in tf2. Other than that this game is pretty good. I appreciate the linux port but, not buying it.

Remember when dlc was called an expansion pack?

Comment

Kind of late for this eh. The people who wanted it already bought it for dirty Windows. I guess just another reason for them to complain that no one is buying it on Linux.

Comment

Working...
                  X