Tomb Raider Rolls Out For The SHIELD, Plus More Games Likely To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xeekei View Post

200 ms isn't bordering unplayable in fast games, it's so beyond unplayable. More than 30 ms in CS:GO and I can really feel it, and I'm just Gold Nova Master.
    more than true. i was more or less refering for ps3 bluetooth controller which had 150 or 180ms lag when wireless. any fast game when using it wired was completely different world and few scores better as far as gameplay went. and Sony was selling that crap as feature, ffs
    Last edited by justmy2cents; 18 February 2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

more than true. i was more or less refering for ps3 bluetooth controller which had 150 or 180ms lag when wireless. any fast game when using it wired was completely different world and few scores better as far as gameplay went. and Sony was selling that crap as feature, ffs
      Agreed, I do not understand how Sony failed on this part, for comparison the Wii U controller with 480p streaming + sound has no sensible lag.

IMO 50ms lag is the maximum for FPS/action games, for example I cannot play titles like Dota2 on wifi.

But for solo games / strategy /adventure 100ms can be ok so NVidia solution fits it.

Comment

What do you guys think about lag on the PS4 and Xbox 360 wireless controllers? I want to buy two of those for the PC and can't decide if I should better go with wired controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by villeneuve View Post
          What do you guys think about lag on the PS4 and Xbox 360 wireless controllers? I want to buy two of those for the PC and can't decide if I should better go with wired controllers.
          Not all reviews are positive, but I've encountered some rave reviews of the Steam controller. You might want to look into that too.

Comment

Originally posted by villeneuve View Post
            Just my personal opinion, the blue light on the PS4 controller sucks man. Battery life on it is way worse, and the PS3 controller feels better in my hand. No doubt in my mind the PS3 one is better. And there is nothing wrong with latency on the PS3 controller. There is no way in hell it has a 50ms latency. I've never measured it, never needed to, in all reality it is probably no more than 2-5ms. In any case it's definitely way less than any human could perceive.
            Last edited by duby229; 19 February 2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions guys! The Steam Controller is not for me, because I need a real D-pad. For me the PS4 controller fits better in my hands than the PS3 and I find the PS4's analog stick to be better useable.

Comment

Working...
              X