Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thetargos
    replied
    Yup, the fun factor in games seems to be Missing in Action in favour for graphics, physics and sound, but not fun. Well, that Penny Arcade game actually brings lots of it to the table, but certainly more games better start to get back the fun factor again.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum!"

Good god... those memories . This is somehow the kind of fun I'm missing in todays games... just this damn fucking fun a game can give you playing it... not like this shit tossed at us nowadays U_U

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by dragonlord View Post
    :d

"your ass... Your face... Where's the difference"
    roflmao!

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by me262 View Post
    As a side note, with how long this new Duke game is taking, why hasn't 3D Realms gone out of business yet? I don't remember a recent product of theirs...
    Prey is another one of their titles. It's still selling pretty good actually, and is one of the things that's publicly known- they've done a handful of other projects that their name didn't get put on it because they were the subcontractor on the project.

Couple this with keeping a good control on the good money they got from Terminal Velocity, Duke, and Shadow Warrior, they've been able to keep going all this time. It remains to be seen if DNF is going to be worth the wait we've had- but some people that've seen the current "attempt" at it that may well be on it's way to Gold status have been at least mildly impressed. We'll see- I'm still sitting on the fence on this one. If I can get them to give me the time of day on a discussion of a Linux/MacOS version port and see it for myself, I'll change that position.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied

"Your ass... your face... where's the difference" :P

Leave a comment:

• me262
    replied
    As a side note, with how long this new Duke game is taking, why hasn't 3D Realms gone out of business yet? I don't remember a recent product of theirs...

"I'm looking for some monopolistic toilet to park my bricks. Who's first?"

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    I guess this could be possible. Those guys have after all their own way of doing things which is not what the rest of the business does. Let's see what happens. So far they have not gone gold so everything and nothing can happen :P

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    I remember reading a few months ago (when the new video of Duke lifting weights was released) that they are all for a Linux version. At this point, the franchise may actually benefit of having clients on as many platforms as they can, IMO. If you have any contacts, it may be worth a try sugar-talking them to do a Linux version (I'd LOVE if they'd be willing to give us a headstart and release the Demo on Linux first than any other platform, that'd be me dreaming [again])

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
    Like 3DRealm's DNF?
    I just wish I had time to go over to Garland and talk with the guys over there- purportedly it's not taking forever anymore... (I'll believe it when I see it with my own two eyes and playtest it... )

Seriously, if 3D Realms had something I'd think it'd be nice to get a deal going with 'em to get a Linux version of it out- and they'd have their porting contractor close enough to have him spin by for a visit even...

Leave a comment:

• RobbieAB
    replied
    The donkey never learnt to use Gameloader OS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X