A Majority Seem To Agree Open-Source Games/Engines Are Trending Downhill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Majority Seem To Agree Open-Source Games/Engines Are Trending Downhill

Phoronix: A Majority Seem To Agree Open-Source Games/Engines Are Trending Downhill

Yesterday's article titled Are Open-Source Games and Community Game Engines Fading Away? continues to be one of the most-discussed threads in the forums this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

By Betteridge's Law of Headlines, they are not.

I wonder if the majority would seem to agree that Phoronix articles are trending downhill. Hmm.

Comment

Grit seems to be going along just fine, would be better if it got more exposure though. http://www.gritengine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mrmcq2u View Post
        Grit seems to be going along just fine, would be better if it got more exposure though. http://www.gritengine.com/
        I doubt that. Its inactive and development is really slow

Comment

For CatchChallenger into another branch we prepare the version 2, exascale, multi server/db support (multiple db connected at same time), better datapack, c++11, more performance, gateways, cluster mode and I go to contract professionnal team for this project for the version 2. All oriented to do professional work and not amateur.
          Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Originally posted by swoorup View Post
            I wonder if the majority would seem to agree that Phoronix articles are trending downhill. Hmm.

I must admit I don't understand this phoronix article.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              By Betteridge's Law of Headlines, they are not.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum...825#post839825

To anyone involved in the development of open-source engines and games, please give up. I don't care if you enjoy it and are passionate about it, you're making the rest of us miserable. If it's not commercially focused or it isn't backed by loads of resources, it doesn't belong on Linux. Linux has never been home to these kinds of small-time, intermittent, enthusiast projects before, and they aren't welcome now.
              Last edited by eidolon; 14 December 2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

This article was necessary... because, one sensationalist clickbait wasn't enough. Seriously, I'm baffled really. There literally was no need for this 2nd article, whatsoever. Other than to serve as a reminder to the first one... or something. Michael, we know you're struggling to fund that over9000 dollar a month hobby of yours but, this is NOT the way. A lack of relevant content cannot be filled with pointless content, that just serves to harm the typical fairly high level of content found on Phoronix.

Comment

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum...th-free-engine

Anyone who is interested in open source engines/games, particularly ones you and play games on, check this out. I've used it with Jedi Knight Academy and it worked flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post

I must admit I don't understand this phoronix article.
                    Well you clicked on it didn't you? As long as you're not running adblock then Michael has succeeded in what he set out to do with the article.

Comment

Working...
                    X