Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is The AMD A10-7870K Fast Enough For Steam Linux Gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No overclocking results as expected. I assume AMD are not going to send you their new flagship GPU. Michael, I will let you borrow my water cooled Radeon R9 Fury X for a whole month as soon as I get it in on the condition that you make an overclocking article on it. With Dota 2 results too (even though the results can't be reproduced)...with some specials settings that maxes out the rendering...and provided the method you used to overclock it...and I want the overclocking article posted before any other articles you make on the Radeon R9 Fury X...and all 4k ultra HD...and 5k results if can get a hold of a 5k monitor...and...and...I think that's about it. Reply to this post if you want to proceed as I usually don't check my email that is connected with this forum.
    Last edited by charlie; 12 June 2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
      With Dota 2 results too (even though the results can't be reproduced
      Why can't those results be reproduced? IIRC there's a way to download a replay after a match is done, so you can keep replaying the same match. The replay file is also small, making it easy to move across systems. There's also a console command to start replays.

Comment

Michael, at what resolutions would you get 30+ fps on the Metro Redux titles ?

Waiting for the open source driver benchmarks too!

Also, do you think Shadow of Mordor would run on this APU?

Comment

Originally posted by chlamchowder View Post
          Why can't those results be reproduced?
          I don't know. Ask Michael for clarification. My guess is he can't get Phoronix Test Suite to automatically run DOTA 2 benchmarks. I thought I remember Michael typing something about it. I have never seen DOTA 2 benchmarks on Phoronix before although I think I asked for them once.

Comment

Shit, my A10-6800k is enough to play Fallout: New Vegas (Windows only, unfortunately) on max settings, 4.2GHz, GPU clocked at 980MHz with ddr3-2400 RAM--I'd hope the A10-7870 would be enough for "Steam Gaming". That said, I have an R9-270x in my pocket in case the APU ever isn't enough. Just need to figure out how to utilize it without changing the default in the bios (xrandr doesn't see it, for whatever reason, and I can't force it on either--it just ignores the command).

Comment

Working...
            X