X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike4
    replied
    Originally posted by Hash View Post
    More than 1,100 games for Linux on Steam. None playable.

Horrible performance compared to Windows.
    With X-Plane I've around 20-25% better FPS compared to the other two proprietary os with my GTX770.

Leave a comment:

• eidolon
    replied
    Originally posted by Passso View Post
    SteamBoxes in Walmart, if it happens.
    A few of the Windows equivalents (Alienware Alpha equivalent to Alienware Steam Machine model A, iBUYPOWER SBX equivalent to iBUYPOWER SBX Steam Machine, and Syber Vapor models equivalent to Syber Steam Machine models A & I) are already supplied by Walmart.com, but as far as I'm aware, no brick and mortar Walmart stores carry these in stock, they are strictly Walmart.com offerings. I have no reason to expect it will be any different with Steam Machines.

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    Originally posted by Boland View Post
    What makes you think it will? OSX gaming is growing right alongside Linux with the number of games released for the platform.
    SteamBoxes in Walmart, if it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Boland
    replied
    Originally posted by chimpy View Post
    I wonder how long until Linux overtakes OSX in both number of games and number of users. Maybe end of next year?
    What makes you think it will? OSX gaming is growing right alongside Linux with the number of games released for the platform.

Leave a comment:

• eidolon
    replied
    Originally posted by eidolon View Post
    ...the Shadow Warrior page on Steam needs to be updated to reflect that it is now available for Linux...
    It has indeed been updated.

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied

More than 1.100 neurons on Hash. None usable.

Horrible performance compared to fish.

Leave a comment:

• vein
    replied

...and this is simply not true...*SIGH*

Leave a comment:

• Hash
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
    Yes it's dual ABI but then why are distros talking about needing to recompile all their packages that link to that C++ library when the new ABI is enabled?
    when you pass abi-dependent object from module compiled with one abi to module, compiled with other one, it can fail(because it will expect one type but will get another one, i.e. it is a typesafety breakage). it does not apply to steam runtime case because steam runtime does not pass c++ objects to mesa drivers.

Leave a comment:

• mcallegari
    replied
    Re: There's Now More Than 1,100 Games On Steam For Linux

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    How many Steam Linux games do you own?
    Just 20 I'm afraid: http://pasteboard.co/2PBXMY04.png
    I'm a big fan of Linux gaming but not a fan of indie titles. To me they feel like bringing my computer back to the 90s...even though I totally respect and encourage the developers behind them.
    Bioshock Infinite, Metro and Euro Truck Simulator did a great job on the Linux port. I wish more AAA titles could run that smoothly on the penguin.

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    What game(s) are you hoping to see on Linux next?
    Project CARS, Batman Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3 of course !! Oh, and Elder Scrolls VI would be a dream as well !

pCARS is going to be HUGE. I guess we could even start to call it a 5A game. They invested so much on it (4+ years?) and if they keep the promise of delivering a SteamOS+Linux port, I'm not gonna boot my PC in Windows anymore

I also wish houses like Ubisoft will start considering Linux at some point. In my opinion, who doesn't is a fool.
    The major 3D angines are Linux ready, so they should be adopted for full cross-platform coverage.

On the other hand, the sad not on Linux is that most AAA games rely on proprietary binaries from nVidia and AMD.
    Not even talking about Intel drivers, which are still years behind the current state of the art of OpenGL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X