X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo for Linux

Hi

Did you try to run this game on Linux?

freeablo is a modern cross platform reimplementation of the game engine used in Diablo 1. As it is just an engine, you will need the original data files to play the game. Currently, you can run around town, players and NPCs animate, and you can go down into the first few levels of the dungeon (which is randomly generated). This is just a base for a game so far, so if you can help please see the github!

I want to inform you that Freeablo has the website and forum.

Open source reimplementation of Diablo 1 game engine.

You can observe changes in the source code of this project hosted at GitHub:

Comment

I want to inform you that you can watch video for the upcoming version 0.3 of this game:

Friend of mines stream from twitch of him playing/demoing some of the v0.3 features

Comment

"As it says, v0.3 finally released.

Big features this time round are level 3 level generation, and some cool new gui stuff from knopka90 and Exairnous.

Im hoping that for v0.4 I can get a start on combat and multiplayer, so it should be a more exciting one (a lot of the stuff in this release is a bit ?invisible? to end users). I?m also gonna try actually write something on here a bit more often, keep it updated with project status and the occasional general interesting gamedev bit I run into.

Anyway, (slightly less) crappy video, and changelog below:

Changelog:

- Bugfix - monsters spawn on level stairs #112
        - Threading refactor #107
        - Hotkey selection GUI #106
        - level 3 dungeon generation #103
        - UI chroma key transparency #96
        - UI animation #95
        - Bugfix - gui clicks register as movement clicks #88
        - Initial version of launcher #33
        - sound #26
        - better celview gui #134
        - Bugfix - music memory leak #111
        - Bugfix - exit when DIABDAT.MPQ not found #114, #115"

http://freeablo.orgChangelog:- Bugfix - monsters spawn on level stairs #112- Threading refactor #107- Hotkey selection GUI #106- level 3 dungeon generation #...

Comment

The author of this project has started to implement the multiplayer mode, and I also noticed that Freeablo has become the more actively developed project which is a good news:

Modern reimplementation of the Diablo 1 game engine - Commits · wheybags/freeablo

Comment

If this does get where it looks like it's going, it would be nifty to say the least.

Comment

I owuld like to try it, but dont have the original files.

Comment

I also would try

Comment

I would try it, but i can not.

samsung s6 edge tasche
                  Last edited by Farber; 12 September 2015, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Hi

I want to inform you that on this website are four different branches:

I notice that the mp (multiplayer) branch usually has the newest version of Freeablo, and you can type this command if you want to download the source code of Freeablo from this branch:

git clone -b mp https://github.com/wheybags/freeablo.git

Comment

Working...
                    X