A Radical Idea For More Linux Game Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
    I don't see this happening, but it's actually a really good idea. But I think Valve would be the ones most likely to follow through with something like this around or after the release of their steam machines. To loan devs for SteamOS ports.
    Yep, Valve is the one who needs to pay not Red Hat.

Comment

Good idea.

Good idea.
      Who wants to pay me for this game?
      Mind-altering sandbox game that can be described as a racing role-playing adventure game with a complicated storyline. You’ll find a unique atmosphere, complete freedom and lots of gameplay hours to figure out what’s the game is all about.

need porting NEW game IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Yep, Valve is the one who needs to pay not Red Hat.
        I always thought Valve should take a few percent off Steams share for games with linux ports. So if they take 30% normally make it 25% if the game sports linux support. Developers will make cross platform games on release this way.

Comment

How about they hire more Mesa devs instead...

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
            Mesa OpenGL 4.5 Direct3D 8-12 and wine supporting it would make Linux gamers' souls sing

Comment

If they pay me, I can make exclusives for Linux..
              Just a student, so I dont want much.

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
              Mesa will still not be able, not even in 2 years, to be on pair on any real blob driver like NVIDIA.., and if so, the Intel graphics are still not very powerful

Comment

Thats all fine and good but we still need the pro apps, seeing the guys on Tek Syndicate looking to switch to Linux as their daily driver, capture and editing rigs but getting mired down in problems of proper software to do said tasks not working particulalrly well or at all on Linux is irritating.

And these are the guys that just built Eric S. Raymond and got John D. Bell to help do the setup.

Comment

about the blizzard thing see:

they scapped a working port...

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    Porting is one thing, maintaining forever (since API/ABI compatibility in Linux is a joke, whereas in Windows you compile once and then run for years, or even decades) is another.

No, RedHat and Ubuntu don't have resources for that.

Basically the guy is asking game studios to open source their games for selected RH/Ubuntu developers - nah, it's not gonna happen.
                    Wow beta for Linux works still so dont say crap. Or Sim City 3k or or...
                    You need to compare thing with the same circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                      haha a Canonical Guy has the idea, but if you look on the money situation, 99% of the bill would be paid by redhat and only 1% from canonical.
                      nah, if you look at the past in the end it would be 1/1. redhat paying 99%, canonical taking 99% of the credit

Comment

Working...
                      X