Postal Game Being Redone As POSTAL: REDUX With Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naib View Post
    RWS and Unreal are both in the dumpster for me and their "linux promises" when it is released With day1 linux support...
    i'm not sure i'm parsing this correctly, but wasn't borderlands presequel released with day1 linux support on unreal engine ?

Comment

It was. I played the entire game (not through vault hunter mode though) without issues. Contrary to some people who seem to say the port sucks and has constant lagging issues, I experience no such things. Generally only minor bugs that you would also experience on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
        It was. I played the entire game (not through vault hunter mode though) without issues. Contrary to some people who seem to say the port sucks and has constant lagging issues, I experience no such things. Generally only minor bugs that you would also experience on Windows.
        Lagging might have to do with real gamer mouses. A lot of games seem to have trouble with 1kHz update rates...
        I usually switch my mouse to 100Hz mode before gaming :-(.
        Other lagging issues have to do with using ondemand scheduler. When starting a game, the cpu schedulers need to be put on performance, because frequency shift changes causes stalls.

Comment

Working...
        X