Fake Debian Developers Try To Get Free Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post

btw phoronix, out of respect, I DON'T BLOCK YOUR ADS, but take a look at the shit I have to deal with:

DONT TELL ME THATS NOT SOME GAY SHIT RIGHT THERE

Then go and fuck some children, racist christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
      You are right. You should protect the information about your hardware configuration with you life. Must ... stay ... secret. Nobody forces you to take part at the hardware surveys ...
      Steam is free by the way and there are DRM free games on steam. If you buy on Humble Store you'll find the DRM free tag and you'll get steam keys. As a result you get 2 distribution platforms (both FREE) and DRM free games.

Your browser gives away more identifying info to every page you visit then what the Steam survey asks for. Check it out https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
        yep Kemo because you know exactly what information steam is sending to their servers.
        This is all Valve takes, it's even less then an LSHW would tell you. http://pastebin.com/nqErZLXr

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
          Use of Steam requires a valid Steam account. Creating a Steam account requires an email address, and acceptance of the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
          Which are all thats needed to access the free games like DOTA2, Team Fortress 2, Dwarfs F2P, Champions Of Regnum, No More Room In Hell, Serena and The Plan. Not to mention the dozens of demos.

Desura also has pretty much the same stipulations as Stea, but has more free games, but the ones there seem to be of a lower overall quality as they pretty much deal in whatever gets rejected by Valve. Still a few decent ones though.

You don't need a credit card for Steam either, you can buy Steam gift cards at most stores these days right next to the ones for iTunes and Olive Garden and pay cash for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
            It does puzzle me that some people hate the Phoronix content so much, that they've been hanging around on the forums for years complaining about it...
            We've tried constructive critisisim, no change. Tried being more direct, no change. Started being dicks, finally a response, but ultimatly no change.

We're all just waiting for a better site to come along to abandon ship. The day that happens I'm out of here. Till then I'm mainly here to see what the OSS driver devs hve to say about things and occasionally punt Larabel.

Comment

It's like a huge patience contest, who breaks first? Will our contestant in the blue corner go and start a new site? Will things change? Find out next time on Phoronix Premium!

Comment

These are why I will continue to use AdBlock on Phoronix.com :

I'm sorry but I can't have this sh*t appear on the screen while I'm browsing, this is just unbearable. IBM, WD and TeamViewer ads are fine, if there was only this type of ads I would deactivate AdBlock for Phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  It's like a huge patience contest, who breaks first? Will our contestant in the blue corner go and start a new site? Will things change? Find out next time on Phoronix Premium!
                  As I've said before, we don't really have to start our own site. A few of the Windows reviewers will start doing it if SteamOS gets big enough after it's officially released.

Comment

Originally posted by Desti View Post
                    Then go and fuck some children, racist christian.
                    I think that your comment is horrible. In my country only communists can write or say something similar to your comment. I can't understand this hostility about christians in many countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Annabel View Post
                      He deleted your post where you said that you don't block ads on phoronix... what?
                      why would anyone ever do that? it just sounds weird
                      Offenders always leave out details, at least from what I've seen. For all we know, he could of just copy/pasted "I don't block ads on phoronix" 50 times on a post, or used some obnoxious font scheme, or had other offending content in the post.

I'll just assume the post was deleted for good reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X