X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by log0 View Post
    @Michael seems like it could solve your benchmark issues:

So where can we get the source from?
    The problem though is that OpenGL trace files tend to be huge.... Like several gigabytes for a worthwhile trace of one benchmark. We'll see if the VOGL traces compress well but otherwise would need some hosts/mirrors to handle the large files.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Now even Wolverine likes Gabe

Now let's develop a complete Linux game ecosystem! Thx Valve

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        The problem though is that OpenGL trace files tend to be huge.... Like several gigabytes for a worthwhile trace of one benchmark. We'll see if the VOGL traces compress well but otherwise would need some hosts/mirrors to handle the large files.
        Also I'm assuming that you would need permission from each game creator to distribute trace-based benchmarks, as you are using a part of their game assets (textures, models, shaders, ...).

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
          Oh d*mn! That's great! Woot!

Comment

is the debugger open source now?
            if not i predict a shitstorm to be there soon

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
              Also I'm assuming that you would need permission from each game creator to distribute trace-based benchmarks, as you are using a part of their game assets (textures, models, shaders, ...).
              He is not distributing commercial games now, even though he supports benchmarking them, is he? Thus I see no problems here. What could be done, is distributing instructions to how the trace has been obtained.

PS:
              This will be my last input on this topic. I just hope some other website will pick up benchmarking hardware on linux beyond what is possible with phoronix, now with steamos and co on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
                I don't think they will keep the debugger code as a secret. No benefits at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
                  Most likely it will be packaged with their SDK.

Comment

OpenGL issues.

This is one of the big areas D3D9-11 takes the cake on OpenGL (Debugging).
                    To bad OpenGL didn't have a standard implementation that had a debugging layer built in like D3D (No glGetError is not even close).
                    Same goes for the GLSL parser.

Yes Mesa is / should be this implementation, but to bad others don't supports it as they should as it would help everything out in the long run. I've seen many GLES2 ARM GPUs have horrid GLSL support, that could be fixed if only people would share there work. (Particularly the GLSL parser).

Comment

Working...
                    X