X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
    o = steamOS
    [o ] = steambox
    [o+o] = steamOS + mantle(or Nvidia flavor low level API)

If they aren't announcing Source 2, then maybe they are announcing support for Mantle or another low level hardware api with nvidia or possibly both.
    Your last set of symbols is incorrect...it's simply: O+O

It really reminds a gamepad in special if the new gamepad it's like the one in the patent found with the buttons between the two pods for changeable controls...

...so i bet it's the new design gamepad...

Gabe talked a lot in the past about new way to control games....and if its like the patent that was found it's indeed a new design.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
      It's genius marketing on Valve's part. They hype a "console" that will act as a remote client to a windows box, barely mentioning that fact. I can't wait until it's released and people are whining about the "lag" on their 54Mbps network.
      The streaming part is just for backward compatibility. The console will be a real console running native games without the need for a Windows box.

Comment

Yeah, the streaming thing doesn't sound too enticing anyway. If you've got a PC that's powerful enough to actually stream a game, then you wouldn't need a Steam Machine to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Yeah, the streaming thing doesn't sound too enticing anyway. If you've got a PC that's powerful enough to actually stream a game, then you wouldn't need a Steam Machine to begin with.
          I guess the point is so that you don't have to lug your huge honkin' box into the living room any time you want to play. I dunno... I could be wrong here as I haven't been paying much attention.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
            I guess the point is so that you don't have to lug your huge honkin' box into the living room any time you want to play. I dunno... I could be wrong here as I haven't been paying much attention.
            Well yeah, that's also a good idea...but only till there are native ports of your *favorite* games...then , just leave the past behind and move on

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
              Well yeah, that's also a good idea...but only till there are native ports of your *favorite* games...then , just leave the past behind and move on
              True. But I've gone back-and-forth over this for awhile now so I can kinda see the appeal. Some games it'd be nice to play on a desktop with a keyboard and mouse. And other times maybe you just want to lounge about on the couch and do some casual gaming on the TV. It'd be nice if you could do that without having two separate systems per se. If there was an easy way to stream the gaming computer to the tee vee................

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                It's genius marketing on Valve's part. They hype a "console" that will act as a remote client to a windows box, barely mentioning that fact. I can't wait until it's released and people are whining about the "lag" on their 54Mbps network.
                Stupid troll is stupid. We hype a PC and a console hybrid that will bring better performance for native games that you could only dream on your winblows box.

Comment

I don't have a Windows box, but I could see the appeal in having a stream option. Sometimes its nice to use a controller sitting on the couch and sometimes the Steam sales put very good prices on games that would be better enjoyed with a controller.

Comment

Originally posted by BreezeDM View Post
                    I don't have a Windows box, but I could see the appeal in having a stream option. Sometimes its nice to use a controller sitting on the couch and sometimes the Steam sales put very good prices on games that would be better enjoyed with a controller.
                    And if their trackball controller turned out to be true then you can enjoy it on your couch for all kinds of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                      Stupid troll is stupid. We hype a PC and a console hybrid that will bring better performance for native games that you could only dream on your winblows box.
                      Good luck with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X