Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    If you bought the Windows version, can you download the Linux version?

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Will be interesting to see how it performs under proprietary drivers. NS1 used to be my favourite game for a few years (back in the day). When the NS2 bundles sale was launched I did a stupid thing, bought a few bundles and gave it to my friends... only afterwards found out how badly the game performs (even under Windows).

The graphics looks bad when set to low. My friend, using my old POV Geforce 9500GT 512MB DDR2, gets under 30 FPS on 800x600 lowest graphical settings. The same person gets ~60 FPS in Skyrim on 1024x768 medium graphical settings (including view distance). It feels like Doom3 all over, except worse.

Off topic: Dota 2 is a huge disappointment in Linux, although it performs well under Windows. See http://vrodic.blogspot.com/2013/08/d...native-vs.html

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    oh, it seems that the game isn't fully there. At least I can't start it (it says something about a missing executable). Damn.

Also there are .exe files in the game's directory, so I guess they just took all their Windows stuff and put it on the Linux side for now.
    Last edited by Detructor; 25 August 2013, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bucic
    replied
    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Just be sure to have a bag of Milky Ways handy.
    Or rather - don't poop on the genuine, extraordinary experience by watching gameplay videos with constant clown-commentary.

On the phoronix news. Phoronix has to be "the one true place to find false/erroneous linux-on-steam-related release news" Still best Linux news portal I know.

Leave a comment:

• wargames
    replied
    Dead Space

I would love to see Dead Space (1,2,3) for Linux.

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by tarceri View Post
    Oh no, I'm still recovering from the original Amnesia.
    Just be sure to have a bag of Milky Ways handy.

Leave a comment:

• tarceri
    replied
    Originally posted by Bucic View Post
    Now he can move on to report that Amnesia A Machine For Pigs also appeared for Linux
    Oh no, I'm still recovering from the original Amnesia.

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    wow, that's awesome! I thought I'd have to wait 5 more days. Great! Interestingly, I didn't notice it in my Steam library until I read the article.

Leave a comment:

• Bucic
    replied
    Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
    Good thing Phoronix missed the official announcement of the Linux version for 30th August 2013. Journalism, ho!

Speculation is better than official information.
    Now he can move on to report that Amnesia A Machine For Pigs also appeared for Linux

Leave a comment:

• Spectre
    replied
    It's appeared yet you can't actually play it until the 30th. It seems it downloaded the windows version as it has lots of .dll and .exe files in the NS2 folder?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X