X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powdigsig
    replied
    System Requirements lol?

Steam page for NS2 doesn't list sys reqs for LINUX.

The game is available for purchase on Steam for 23$. The price fell 2$! Though how did I buy this game paying only 7$? I waited until Humble Bundle released it and purchased it with my Bitcoins, that's how! Also I got Garry's Mod plus a shitload of other games, lol. Though most are for Windows bleh!

Leave a comment:

• ChemicalBrother
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Did you actually read the post? The dota2 Linux port is crap quality.

It compiles 11k shaders, when the windows one does ~200. How can you blame that on the drivers? Hm?
    I read it and there was no additional information in the original post. It only stated the fps on the different systems. I told him that and then he added more information over an over again. So why do you blame me for reading the originial post, that had no information?

Also did you read the post itself? I don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    The game is a buggy mess thanks to the newest patches. Unvanquished is in its alpha and is far more stable...

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    So I just bought the deluxe edition for this on Steam. Anybody know if it has crossfire support?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
    Huge disappointment? He tested it with an Intel video card. If something is disappointing, than the Intel open-source driver, not Dota 2 in Linux.
    Did you actually read the post? The dota2 Linux port is crap quality.

It compiles 11k shaders, when the windows one does ~200. How can you blame that on the drivers? Hm?

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Sverro2 View Post
    Weird... Dota 2 works great here. The only bug I notice is the HUGE font in the chat window. That' s it. It runs perfect (also on NVIDIA)
    I also have that font bug. Which GPU do you use?

I know I'm not the only one complaining:
    The live games in the watch tab used to be at least somewhat sorted by MMR. I used to see 5-6k average MMR games listed there. Now it's 1.5-3k average MMR games. Could this be a regression caused b...

I tested Dota 2 with a Geforce 9500GT, 9600GT and GTX760 (driver 319, kernel 3.10). Those 3 cards ran Dota 2 with 60FPS + on windows, yet on Linux the 9500GT was only good for playing against bots (under 30FPS). The 9600GT averaged 40-50FPS and the GTX760 capped at constant 60FPS running perfect with an expensive GPU. Using "cl_showFPS 2" (a console command that works with most source games) shows current, lowest and highest FPS you could see the 9500 and 9600 dropping to 1FPS in some instances. Something I have never experienced on Windows.

PS: I also tested it on an AMD E450 (Radeon HD 6320) got 20FPS in Linux same in Windows, but I think that's because the CPU is the bottle neck. Changing the graphics quality doesn't even effect the FPS which added to my CPU bottle neck theory. Another test was done just out of curiosity using nouveau, but it failed miserably suppose I had to use mesa git.

Leave a comment:

• Raven3x7
    replied
    Dota 2 works quite well on Catalyst

Leave a comment:

• ChemicalBrother
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Off topic: Dota 2 is a huge disappointment in Linux, although it performs well under Windows. See http://vrodic.blogspot.com/2013/08/d...native-vs.html
    Huge disappointment? He tested it with an Intel video card. If something is disappointing, than the Intel open-source driver, not Dota 2 in Linux.

Leave a comment:

• Sverro2
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Will be interesting to see how it performs under proprietary drivers. NS1 used to be my favourite game for a few years (back in the day). When the NS2 bundles sale was launched I did a stupid thing, bought a few bundles and gave it to my friends... only afterwards found out how badly the game performs (even under Windows).

The graphics looks bad when set to low. My friend, using my old POV Geforce 9500GT 512MB DDR2, gets under 30 FPS on 800x600 lowest graphical settings. The same person gets ~60 FPS in Skyrim on 1024x768 medium graphical settings (including view distance). It feels like Doom3 all over, except worse.

Off topic: Dota 2 is a huge disappointment in Linux, although it performs well under Windows. See http://vrodic.blogspot.com/2013/08/d...native-vs.html
    Weird... Dota 2 works great here. The only bug I notice is the HUGE font in the chat window. That' s it. It runs perfect (also on NVIDIA)

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    If you bought the Windows version, can you download the Linux version?
    yes. (apparently).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X