A New Flight Simulator Game Is Flying To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dee. View Post
    Flight sim games these days are kinda boring. Back in the 90s, there was this one flight sim game, can't remember the name, that took place in an alternate-history WWII where hitler never rose in power, but instead aliens attacked earth and everyone had to defend against them using WWII-age airplanes against flying saucers... there should be more games like that.
    Was it based on this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwar

Comment

FlightGear

For those who want a free open source flight simulator there is FlightGear. Note it is not a game though, it is a realistic flight simulator.

Comment

"The Superfly Indie Bundle" contains this (and 9 other games, but most of them are windows only) for just $6.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
          No, I don't think so, at least not directly. Influenced by, very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
            Flight sim games these days are kinda boring. Back in the 90s, there was this one flight sim game, can't remember the name, that took place in an alternate-history WWII where hitler never rose in power, but instead aliens attacked earth and everyone had to defend against them using WWII-age airplanes against flying saucers... there should be more games like that.
            That vaguely reminds of Urban Assault. A game I'd like to see a derivative of, to be honest.

Comment

Looks good. I'm a big X-Plane user, hence this will go in my shopping basket for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                Would be nice if you credit your sources Mike...me in this case.

Experience top combat action in this brand new arcade flight sim and become immersed in the exploits of famous aircraft carriers. The developers have stated they expect it to hit Linux in a few weeks.

Was on my to-cover list ever since their comments, then I put it up and within no time your article appears after mine. A good journalist gives credits to sources...

Why the need to give credit to gaming on Linux ? You both cite the original source yet you want the credit ? Yeah lets link to a site thats simply a copy paste of the original .

Comment

simulators are nice, games when?

Comment

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

This game looks like IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 from 2006.
                    If you want a perfectly realistic WW2 flight-simulation with an active mod-community, try it out!
                    It works well under wine.

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
                      Why the need to give credit to gaming on Linux ? You both cite the original source yet you want the credit ? Yeah lets link to a site thats simply a copy paste of the original .
                      It's a little thing called common courtesy, he blatantly used us as his source and didn't mention it, even the massive websites like PC Gamer, Polygon etc give credit to each other why can't Phoronix?

Comment

Working...
                      X