Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Celebrates Steam For Linux

Phoronix: Valve Celebrates Steam For Linux

In addition to word that Garry's Mod is soon being released for Linux, there's some more positive Valve/Steam Linux news to share today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And Steam is now available in Ubuntu Software Center!

http://blog.canonical.com/2013/02/14...ftware-center/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Valve Celebrates Steam For Linux

In addition to word that Garry's Mod is soon being released for Linux, there's some more positive Valve/Steam Linux news to share today...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMwMjY
      Will it be automatic, or do you have to do something to get your Tux?

A sale is nice and all, but I'm hoping for DOTA 2 or Super Monday Night Combat or something similar to land soon. Not that I hate Heroes of Newerth. (I have most of the others from Humble Bundles.)
      Last edited by sloggerKhan; 14 February 2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Oh my, Valve is dead serious.

Comment

How come even though I have the Windows version of Half-Life, the Linux version is not in my library? Don't tell me I have to buy it again...

Comment

Originally posted by cbamber85 View Post
            How come even though I have the Windows version of Half-Life, the Linux version is not in my library? Don't tell me I have to buy it again...
            It should be in your Linux library. It must be some bug, check again. Or maybe you have Half-Life: Source or something different?

Comment

Amnesia Dark Decent for $5 on my favorite platform... I love you Valve!

Comment

Btw. Steam is officially out of Beta now.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  Btw. Steam is officially out of Beta now.
                  Yeah, how was this not mentioned in the article?

Comment

x86_64

Most systems are x86_64 now aren't they? When I go to install on Fedora 18, it wants to pull in a crapload of i686 software and libraries. It would be nice if they compiled it for native x86_64.

Comment

Working...
                    X