X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimko
    replied
    Originally posted by twelvedogs View Post
    It's really just making us look like idiots. maybe this will break out Linux gaming, maybe it won't, but running around declaring it the year of linux gaming will only hinder it after 50 years of "the year of the Linux desktop" turning the whole idea into a massive joke.
    I don't agree.
    For starters: If you keep on repeating big lie, eventually people will believe in it.
    Secondly: I actually do believe it will be year of Linux, and more likely a decade of it. It already started. Steam is just first right sign of it.

It began not cause of market penetration or superiority of the system, but because of Microsoft and Apple are abusing devs, put them into corner
    Last edited by dimko; 31 December 2012, 04:50 AM. Reason: mispell, add

Leave a comment:

• moilami
    replied
    A good article.

Leave a comment:

• bulletxt
    replied
    I just can't see this happening. I just can't see Capcom porting Resident Evil to Linux, so this means the gaming industry is still console and Windows centric.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingpin View Post
    Did you know that there is a new port of Unreal / UnrealGold for Linux with many bug fixes. it,s avilable on oldunreal.com page.
    As a member of the beta testing team on OldUnreal, I have to note that Unreal on Linux has been out for at least a year now, so it's not that new. It's also not an official effort, but a fan-made port (albeit with the approval of Epic Games; it would have had a Mac OS X port, too, if not for the lack of approval from Epic Games...). And it does work very well.

I suppose not everyone knows about it, though, so thanks for raising awareness of it

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Michael is leaving phoronix, which is sad, but I really can't imagine him doing any other work, except maybe moving to Germany to drink German beer all the time and perhaps become a tiny bit of a sex offender posting pictures of German girls with big boobs bringing him beer, he's got a big enough collection of such photos already anyway. I guess.
    I actually only drink beer like once a week or every other week these days...

Leave a comment:

• twelvedogs
    replied
    Can we PLEASE stop saying "year of the linux XX"

It's really just making us look like idiots. maybe this will break out linux gaming, maybe it won't, but running around declaring it the year of linux gaming will only hinder it after 50 years of "the year of the linux desktop" turning the whole idea into a massive joke.

Leave a comment:

• nagol
    replied
    obviously!

to awww.

ha ha ha.

That is why your here, reading and posting the same day the article came out!

He must be doing something right.

Keep up the good work Michael.

Leave a comment:

• Redi44
    replied
    Awww

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Michael is leaving phoronix, which is sad, but I really can't imagine him doing any other work, except maybe moving to Germany to drink German beer all the time and perhaps become a tiny bit of a sex offender posting pictures of German girls with big boobs bringing him beer, he's got a big enough collection of such photos already anyway. I guess.
    Michael is leaving Moronix? Awww, finally some good news

Leave a comment:

• mark45
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Raven3x7
    replied
    - Electronic Arts still is working on a Linux strategy. EA's Linux strategy has been really boring and according to my sources there nothing imminent is about to drop as they feel handicapped by upper-management at the company.
    What a shocker.... Their management has turned standout devs like Bioware, Origin, Westwood Studios and Bullfrog into crap. That's quite the achievement

Leave a comment:

Working...
X