Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

Just in time for Christmas there is a new Humble Indie Bundle. Unlike the recent THQ Humble Bundle that were Windows-only titles, this new bundle is back to being cross-platform and DRM-free...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 7 Launches, New Linux Games

Just in time for Christmas there is a new Humble Indie Bundle. Unlike the recent THQ Humble Bundle that were Windows-only titles, this new bundle is back to being cross-platform and DRM-free...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI1NzM
    Wikipedia: The Humble Bundles (previously known as Humble Indie Bundles)

This is notable change. Now they are officially "just another bundle".

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      Wikipedia: The Humble Bundles (previously known as Humble Indie Bundles)

This is notable change. Now they are officially "just another bundle".
      This one is a Humble Indie Bundle - the change of the overall naming is because they now have other bundles too (like the THQ one). The other bundles are still "pay what you want" and a lot of the money goes to charity. I don't think it hurts the Indie bundles by having more of a good thing.

Comment

yayyyyyyyyyyy. ...purchased. going to redeem on Steam and install on ubuntu that way o.o i've got 30 steam games already :-)

Comment

Is the Grimrock Linux port available on Steam now?
          I purchased the Windows version some time ago.
          BTW, awesome game!

Comment

Dungeon Defenders... UE3... Linux... =)

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Is the Grimrock Linux port available on Steam now?
              I purchased the Windows version some time ago.
              BTW, awesome game!
              None of the HIB games are in the Steam beta yet. I guessing Valve wants to keep attention focused on a small set of games so it's easier to figure out general problems before having to deal with a lot of game specific issues.

Comment

Michael, you missed the opportunity to state, that Dungeon Defenders is the first game for Linux, that uses the Unreal Engine 3 and SDL 2.0.

And 1 min later, he posts the news. :-) Well, must have been ready while I wrote this post.
                Last edited by ChemicalBrother; 19 December 2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

While they might not be advertised as on steam yet, I've activated Shank 2 and The Binding Of Isaac and they both started downloading content, not just the placeholder stuff like Braid etc.

Not sure about the others as I cancelled the at the d/l part in steam activation.

Comment

That's a known problem with Steam/Linux. Whenever you enter a serial then also Win games download. Best do not activate the download option and look later in your library.

Comment

Working...
                    X