Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Has A Christmas Present For Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Valve Has A Christmas Present For Linux Gamers

Valve will allow many more Linux gamers to participate in the Steam Linux client beta testing at the start of next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can Archlinux distribute it?

Comment

More games

I'd love to see more games though.

Such as Half-Life 2 and Portal 2.

And more high-quality AAA games that are free of cost.
      Because I almost never play games, so I just want to try out some games for like half an hour.
      So I don't wanna spend money on games that I won't really play for more than an half an hour anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I'd love to see more games though.

Such as Half-Life 2 and Portal 2.

And more high-quality AAA games that are free of cost.
        Because I almost never play games, so I just want to try out some games for like half an hour.
        So I don't wanna spend money on games that I won't really play for more than an half an hour anyway.
        That's how I feel about the HiB in a way. I don't usually end up playing most of the games but just in case I get board I got a whole lot more of half working games to try!

Comment

Originally posted by babali View Post
          Can Archlinux distribute it?
          I still get updates from Arch. I actually managed to use the steam client without even being a beta member (although i am now), but the only linux compatible game i own on steam is limbo, which refuses to download.

Comment

I have redeemed most of my HiB purchases on Steam for easy game library management on my Windows/Mac boxes. Many of the HiB games are already on the list of games available in Linux Steam as well, so I'm anxiously waiting to get into the beta.

I have a feeling that if they've got Left for Dead 2 and TF2 working, Portal (or at least portal 2), and hopefully CS:GO (fingers are crossed) probably won't be too far behind. It also means that we'll probably get the next instalment of the half-life series.

Comment

I hope they bring L4D2 to the beta soon.

Comment

I hope CS:GO will be available for Linux soon

Comment

Originally posted by Koorac View Post
                  I hope CS:GO will be available for Linux soon
                  +1

CS:GO and Skyrim are the only reasons I ever boot into Windows these days.

Comment

As far as Skyrim goes, it's playable under wine with pretty much zero mucking around. Can't say I know about CS:GO's status though.

Comment

Working...
                    X