Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melcar
    replied
    This game is never absent from any of my Linux installs. I wonder why Phoronix took so long to make a cover story on this game.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    I really hope this is not another half-hearted game making attempt. So many projects start these days, so few end up with anything resembling a 1.0 version....
    If you had read the article you would have seen that this is well past 1.0 and is already a well established game in it's own right, but that is a lot harder than making blanket assumptions and complaining about everything isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Rief
    replied
    I played almost every mission available and I think this mod is one of the best game available for Linux. The gameplay is very similar to thief, the graphic is wonderful and missions are well done (some of them are masterpieces). If you are interested in the game, my advice is to play the training missions + The Tears of St. Lucia to learn how to move. Then go to the fan mission section of the Forum and pick the mission that you would like to play. If you don't have an idea, a good start point is http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...-tdm-missions/. IMHO the best mission is "The North", it is a pure thief mission and very well done.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    seeks to remake Doom 3 [...] brings in new game-play functionality
    No, it doesn't. It's not a remake of Doom 3, and it doesn't bring in new gameplay. It totally *replaces* the gameplay, making it a different game altogether. It has absolutely nothing to do with Doom 3 other than using its files.

Did you even watch the videos you posted?

Leave a comment:

• Soul_keeper
    replied
    thief was classic

I remember spending a whole saturday killing every person on a level and throwing their bodies in a swimming pool
    then, having run out of bodies, I threw every moveable object on the level in the swimming pool too.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    I remember the Thief games. Oh the memories.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic The Dark Mod For Doom 3 On Linux

The Dark Mod For Doom 3 On Linux

Phoronix: The Dark Mod For Doom 3 On Linux

When writing earlier this week about the poor state of the open-source id Tech 4 / Doom 3 community even after one year of the id Software game engine being GPL licensed, several readers wrote in and tweeted about "The Dark Mod" having not been mentioned...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X