Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Workshop Left 4 Dead 2 Begins Mid-October

Phoronix: Steam Workshop Left 4 Dead 2 Begins Mid-October

Steam Workshop is coming to Left 4 Dead 2 for better community interaction. Linux support is slated to come the middle of next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At first I was like, "Why does he make headlines about L4D2 if there's no Linux news ?"

But then I saw the announcement of the Linux release next month

Comment

Well do they really mean that the L4D2 release for Linux will be mid october, since they are talking
      about "Steam Workshop"?

Comment

I sent them an email I hope to god I get on the beta. I'll be marking my Google calendar.

Comment

I hope we get a beta before mid october because that's when the autumn/winter term starts at my university.

Comment

Might be released just in time for Catalyst 12.10 and Ubuntu 12.10 as well.

Comment

lets just hope that catalyst 12.10 will be any good. :/

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                Well do they really mean that the L4D2 release for Linux will be mid october, since they are talking
                about "Steam Workshop"?
                steamwork shop is to modify the game.

Without the game there is nothing to modify.

Comment

Linux will soon be ripe for gaming thanks to Steam

Liam of www.gamingonlinux.com and www.linux4today.com

Comment

pretty sneaky

kind of silly how valve drops the bomb on when steam linux comes out so vaguely, inside a post thats not referencing it at all, no wonder only 9 replies to a post know so far

this of course, could be the date for a closed beta, i would much rather prefer a open beta on first start, keeping the beta in there as a reminder that it may not work perfectly

Comment

Working...
                    X