ioquake3 Developers Working On "baseio" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julius View Post
    OT2: @AJenbo: You have any insight if NuclearDawn will be released for Linux, once source and steam arrives?
    Unfortunatly my usual contact no longer works for InterWave. But I was still able to get a bit of information. Currently they haven't heard any new that Steam is comming for Linux.
    I also do not think we will do Nuclear Dawn for Linux, at least not the current version (of Nuclear dawn).
    So it's kind of the usual, no plans but not a flat out rejection

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I wonder why they use a heavily beefed up id Tech 2 (Quake II) engine instead of using id Tech 3 or 4.
      By now many of the engines that focused on graphics and rendering based on the Q1/Q2/Q3 sources are far ahead of id Tech 4.

Comment

Originally posted by bachinchi View Post
        Why isn't bloody iodoom3 used?
        Because iodoom3 is a sort of stagnated weird project with no upstreaming? Because the editing tools is lacking? Because the earlier engines have had several years of intensive patching to enable it to get more polygons & buzzword effects on the creen than the doom engine?

I also wonder why do people keep on making these quake shooters? Alien Arena, Xonotic, Cube & Sauerbraten, Warsaw, Red Eclipse. There is also stuff like Tremulous and Urbane terror, which at the least deviate a bit, but they are still shooters.
        Why can't people make a multiplayer game about maces and halberds, designed for a layout similar to the SNES controller with Z-targetting?

Comment

Originally posted by del_diablo View Post
          Because iodoom3 is a sort of stagnated weird project with no upstreaming? Because the editing tools is lacking?
          Editors are NOT lacking. That is a false premise. Radiant, Blender, Gimp...DONE. That's all you need!

Originally posted by del_diablo View Post
          I also wonder why do people keep on making these quake shooters? Alien Arena, Xonotic, Cube & Sauerbraten, Warsaw, Red Eclipse. There is also stuff like Tremulous and Urbane terror, which at the least deviate a bit, but they are still shooters.
          Why can't people make a multiplayer game about maces and halberds, designed for a layout similar to the SNES controller with Z-targetting?
          There are countless other games besides shooters that are free http://www.penguspy.com/#/All/free_a...view=1/limit=0

Comment

Originally posted by Irritant View Post
            [...]There are countless other games besides shooters that are free http://www.penguspy.com/#/All/free_a...view=1/limit=0
            Of course there are. But what about quality?

Comment

They are even using the Radient editor for OverDose.

Comment

Originally posted by Irritant View Post
                Editors are NOT lacking. That is a false premise. Radiant, Blender, Gimp...DONE. That's all you need!
                No particle editor, no script editor, no material editor, no map debugging. These were included in the source dump but I fully expect the usual MO of the io projects with removal of all the MFC based code in favor of nothing. All because icculus.org is awesome.

Also Radiant has a dependency on gtk2 that will be deprecated soon, but icculus.org is just so awesome it doesn't matter.

Comment

Map debugging? Could you expand on that, what kind of tool was it?

I may be stuck in the dark ages, but the editor plus the ingame commands worked pretty well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    Map debugging? Could you expand on that, what kind of tool was it?
                    Doom Radiant's leak detection and dmap integration never made it into gtkRadiant.

Irritant just wants us to believe that the newer engine is irrelevant when it is actually his choice of game engine that is irrelevant, made doubly so because of the access to source code which means you can add or remove any feature you want and or need for your hobbyist project.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                      Irritant just wants us to believe that the newer engine is irrelevant when it is actually his choice of game engine that is irrelevant, made doubly so because of the access to source code which means you can add or remove any feature you want and or need for your hobbyist project.
                      Are you sure you know my choice of engine? You do realize that our engine is open sourced too, right?

Or are you (if I take your grammar literally) trying to say that because it's open sourced it's irrelevant???

Comment

Working...
                      X