No announcement yet.

Wasteland 2 To Run On Unity Game Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, give the man credit, at least he is entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
      Where is the promise for Linux support? Not mentioned on the ModDB page...

The information in this thread has been moved to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KickstarterGames A thread for discussion of the wiki page only can be found here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=12062053#post12062053 Thread closed. I think it's about time we tried to make a list of all games on Kickstarter currently trying to get funding that either support Linux, say they might support Linux, or even just are worth mentioning as we may be able to encourage them to

OverDose
      "...at the moment theres only a Windows version in the works, but we have had a few people that understand Linux have a look same as we did with Quake II Evolved, and like there I’m sure we will get a port of it up and running at some point. At this moment we only one single coder so Windows is of course going to take priority!"
      This project is GPL (see the source here).

of course with a single coder and barely any support you cant expect the linux port right away.

Comment

Hey, I was hoping for further exploration of the banana metaphor.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybroomhandle View Post
          Hey, I was hoping for further exploration of the banana metaphor.
          I want to hear what varieties of fruit are accurate comparison for Unity and Unigine.

I personally think Unigine was a bit too kumquatty a choice, whereas Unity offers many mangoish features.

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
            I personally think Unigine was a bit too kumquatty a choice, whereas Unity offers many mangoish features.
            I agree, and with any luck we'll be getting some smooth mango juice out of it.

Comment

The main reason of piracy is because companies steal lots of money and never give back nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lapis View Post
                The main reason of piracy is because companies steal lots of money and never give back nothing.
                So 2DBoy stole a lot of money and deserved the 90% piracy rate? I think you just don't want to pay for something because you are a cheap asshat.

Maybe you should listen to RMS:

If you want to promote freedom, please take care not to talk about the availability of <non-free> games on GNU/Linux as support for our cause.
                There is your freedom. The freedom to STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by paulpach View Post
                  I will be the first to port my game to Linux if unity was able to compile for it.

That would be cool if its unity-powered. I see you have android version already! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                    So 2DBoy stole a lot of money and deserved the 90% piracy rate? I think you just don't want to pay for something because you are a cheap asshat.

Maybe you should listen to RMS:
                    Piracy = Unauthorized copy
                    It is same 1:1 copy, but the only difference is that author does not allow it.
                    What is illegal is authors stupidity to use extensive operating system for something he don't want to be copied.
                    He should have published to consoles in form of non-modifiable ROM and let it gather dust.
                    Piracy is very efficient marketing item if used and integrated properly. Offer paid support, offer paid services, create events.
                    How long was mortal kombat popular btw? Since they submerged into console world, they are not talked about much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                      That would be cool if its unity-powered. I see you have android version already! Nice!
                      Weren't you ranting about Mono in the other thread?

UNITY == MONO.

Comment

Working...
                      X