Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic Arts At Ubuntu Summit; Linux Games Coming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sabriah
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Electronic Arts At Ubuntu Summit; Linux Games Coming?

The news has been quick to spread today that Electronic Arts will be making a brief presentation at the Ubuntu Developer Summit next week...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA5NTk
    This may well be the best contribution to Linux from Ubuntu, ever (if they don't make this a Ubuntu only solution...).

Still, i am very very happy to hear this!

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I hate EA with a passion. They destroy every game concept they come across. They're the Justin Bieber of video games; making money simply because they target the vast majority of humans: the generic type, lacking taste, creative thinking and interest in anything that shows some depth.
    That's true, but Linux needs games like Sims and NFS to gain more popularity. They suck, but they're popular.

Leave a comment:

• locovaca
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Ok, here's the deal, EA:

- Get back Peter Molyneux.
    - Grant him freedom in creating a new Dungeon Keeper and/or Magic Carpet.
    - Multiplatform release including Linux.
    - Release of legacy game engines (not the assets) under an open licence.

...and all your sins may be forgiven.
    You forgot one: Bring back the Wing Commander series that you completely ruined once you bought out Origin.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Selling of indulgences

Ok, here's the deal, EA:

- Get back Peter Molyneux.
    - Grant him freedom in creating a new Dungeon Keeper and/or Magic Carpet.
    - Multiplatform release including Linux.
    - Release of legacy game engines (not the assets) under an open licence.

...and all your sins may be forgiven.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by boast View Post
    But by EA doing some linux things, would that not encourage other publishers to do the same?
    That's no reason not to hate them. Sure, it would help Linux popularity. That would be awesome. But I'd still hate their guts.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    good point

Originally posted by boast View Post
    But by EA doing some linux things, would that not encourage other publishers to do the same?
    Also, it could be first step to redemption :P

Leave a comment:

• boast
    replied
    I hate EA with a passion. They destroy every game concept they come across. They're the Justin Bieber of video games; making money simply because they target the vast majority of humans: the generic type, lacking taste, creative thinking and interest in anything that shows some depth.

Leave a comment:

• Figueiredo
    replied
    That. To put in Michael's terms: They are the AnhauserBusch of videogames.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    no, not really...

Originally posted by YaPeL View Post
    Actually yes, thats something that we really need, we need games that sell the most, and sport games are among them.
    There are 2 points of view.
    1) we need it to make Linux more popular.(IMHO it will fail)
    2) People play this stuff.(no, they don't, not Linux fans anyway. Football is stupid anyway, not nerdy enough for PC game)

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X