Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic Arts At Ubuntu Summit; Linux Games Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kivada
    replied
    Originally posted by YaPeL View Post
    Actually yes, thats something that we really need, we need games that sell the most, and sport games are among them.
    If we need sports games we don't need EA's, we need the ones that used to be fun to play like NBA Jam and NFL Blitz not the canned reskin games that EA has been selling for a decade.

Even their non sports games are terrible. Army Of Two had so much potential yet failed miserably.

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    Never seeing my money

EA is probably the worst thing to happen to gaming, they'll never see a Zimbabwe dollar from me.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
    I would like to see Blizzard instead of EA on this Ubuntu Summit.
    Yeah, for their awesome catalog of... five games? lol.

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    I would like to see Blizzard instead of EA on this Ubuntu Summit.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiliez
    replied
    I dont think that EA is going to release anything on Linux Phoronix does it again... speculations...

Leave a comment:

• mirv
    replied
    "Ea: Ubuntu is quite a viable platform for gaming, but, uhh umm, we won't be releasing anything for it, we are just saying"

ummm
    With marketing speeches, I've often seen simple statements like that stretch on for longer than 15 minutes. And damn does it get boring when they do.
    Last edited by mirv; 03 May 2012, 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling...

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
    Slow down there tiger. Steam for linux won't exist until Valve says its so, no sense in comparing one potential vaporware to another. You're just setting yourself up for major disappointment by doing so.
    LOL I'm comparing "what if" to "what if" . . . I don't see a problem here. You sound like you would have never believed in the airplane or the personal computer until you saw it in person.

Leave a comment:

• YaPeL
    replied
    Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
    There is the possibility that Canonical is paying one of their representatives to do a presentation on something of Canonical's choosing (the viability of Ubuntu as a gaming platform?).
    "Ea: Ubuntu is quite a viable platform for gaming, but, uhh umm, we won't be releasing anything for it, we are just saying"

ummm

Leave a comment:

• psycho_driver
    replied
    Originally posted by fuzz View Post
    I hope it's not limited to the Ubuntu Software Center. I also hope they don't try to compete with Steam too much... because that's the last thing we need, more fragmentation.

Oh well. If you bring us Mass Effect, EA, I will forgive you.
    Slow down there tiger. Steam for linux won't exist until Valve says its so, no sense in comparing one potential vaporware to another. You're just setting yourself up for major disappointment by doing so.

Leave a comment:

• psycho_driver
    replied
    I'm sure they are going to announce some games, even if they are going to be there just for 15 minutes, why Iin hell would they appear otherwise?
    There is the possibility that Canonical is paying one of their representatives to do a presentation on something of Canonical's choosing (the viability of Ubuntu as a gaming platform?).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X