Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

GOG, a digital distributor of computer games, had a makeover recently and one of the features this makeover introduced was a community wishlist where users get to submit suggestions for either games or website features and vote on these suggestions. One such suggestion submitted by a user called JudasIscariot was to add Linux versions of games that GOG already sold for Windows to their catalog i.e. games like Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Neverwinter Nights.

Originally posted by JudasIscariot
    If a game has a Linux version and it is made and supported by the developer please allow the option to download the Linux version if at all possible.
    With the very recent furore regarding gaming on Linux thanks to Michael's visit to Valve, much of the attention has been on Steam, but things still seem rather vague, so I thought I would direct attention away from Steam for the time being and towards GOG. It is only a matter of time before our votes reach the folks at GOG and they go through the simple task of adding Linux versions of the games they already sell for Windows, especially with the influx of indie games that support Linux.

Your vote counts and is just a click away!

Good news, guys! It's taken a while, but the Add Linux versions of games request on the GOG Community Wishlist has surpassed 3,000 votes! This entry is still in third place by a decent amount but unfortunately behind second place by a similar amount. Get to voting and make it first!

Comment

Are you guys just clicking my link but not actually voting? Don't just click, please vote too! That's the whole point of this thread. Encourage GOG as much as possible to sell old school games that already exist for Linux! Tell anybody who's interested in Linux to vote as well. The more the merrier!

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
        Are you guys just clicking my link but not actually voting? Don't just click, please vote too! That's the whole point of this thread. Encourage GOG as much as possible to sell old school games that already exist for Linux! Tell anybody who's interested in Linux to vote as well. The more the merrier!
        Had you not bumped the thread, I would have never known such initiative existed. Thank you for doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirager View Post
          Had you not bumped the thread, I would have never known such initiative existed. Thank you for doing that.
          Really? It was on the first page. Are all my efforts for naught?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
            Really? It was on the first page. Are all my efforts for naught?
            I only browse "What's new". I almost never go back to subforums.

Comment

Voted!

(10 character limit)

Comment

This needs to be pinned.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayofEvil View Post
                  Voted!

(10 character limit)
                  Thank you very much! GOG better listen!

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                  This needs to be pinned.
                  That would be great. As this isn't really a subject that constantly gets updated with news as it is just a request that can be voted on, this thread may eventually vanish from the first page. Perhaps Michael can use his power to give this matter more attention? I am sure with him backing it, this request can easily shoot to first place, forcing GOG to at least provide some input. Please, Michael?

Comment

Got some minor feedback regarding games for Linux on GOG and the stance right now is that it would be too much work according to their marketing guy. I wonder what it is that makes Desura so different from GOG that the former can sell Linux versions and the latter cannot.

Comment

Working...
                    X