• Show
Clear All

• http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-darkest-blood

Comment

• Originally posted by Licaon View Post
      yay!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
      Wow, yeah, this looks amazing.

Comment

• Why are you linking to something that is trending toward 11% of its goal and hence has no chance of making it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
          Why are you linking to something that is trending toward 11% of its goal and hence has no chance of making it?
          Then more reasons to link it and advertise it, right? It needs all the help it can get!

Comment

• Originally posted by Licaon View Post
            Then more reasons to link it and advertise it, right? It needs all the help it can get!
            You could say that if it was trending towards say 75% or something. But this is trending towards 11% it has no chance at all to make it. Even if your efforts could increase the trend to 5 fold its current level it would still be a long shot and ofcourse your efforts can't make even a fraction of the difference needed to even get there. All linking to such projects does is disappoint people who actually expect to see more games coming to Linux.

Much better to link to Kickstarter projects that will actually make it such as Road Redemption which is trending towards 168% and will actually have its source code and art assets released for modders to play with(presumably without Unity's source code which they can't re-distribute).

Edit:

Sanguine Nights' trend is actually down to 8% now. Which is why we shouldn't waste our time, energy and resources and projects like it.

Edit2:

For people wondering were I have my numbers from, they are from Kicktraq. In fact I have the Chrome addon so I don't even need to go to the Kicktraq website to see these things. I never back projects that are looking to fail. For game projects I only back them if they are looking to be successful(or on the cusp of being successful) AND have Linux support AND are going to be DRM-Free AND have interesting concepts and/or by development studios I want to support.
            Last edited by Kristian Joensen; 13 April 2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
              Why are you linking to something that is trending toward 11% of its goal and hence has no chance of making it?
              The better question is why is he linking to a game that has no chance of being released for the amount they are asking?

Shadowrun: Returns will be Steam only to non-backers and they made horrible compromises in game mechanics just to be able to afford to send out the physical rewards.

Expeditions: Conquistador is now over a month late, but rather than fixing the massive amount of bugs from their beta they are working on multiplayer.

Legends of Eisenwald took a loan out from a Russian loan shark, sorry, producer and will be delayed until September.

All three of these kickstarters asked for more money than "TeamRavenous" and are now clearly out of money, either due to rank amateurism in not knowing how to budget properly or simply over selling what they could possibly deliver.

Comment

• an "umm maybe" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...el-art-pc-game

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                  Expeditions: Conquistador is now over a month late, but rather than fixing the massive amount of bugs from their beta they are working on multiplayer.
                  That's just not true. The multiplayer is a complete afterthought, just something they already had made in-house for AI testing anyway. It didn't take any time at all, and they are working hard to fix the bugs present in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    That's just not true. The multiplayer is a complete afterthought, just something they already had made in-house for AI testing anyway. It didn't take any time at all, and they are working hard to fix the bugs present in the game.
                    Sure they are. And a team of 5 can ship an MMO for $75,000.

At least Larian's game is already done so you know you'll get something if you throw money at them.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                      Sure they are. And a team of 5 can ship an MMO for $75,000.
                      I'm not disputing the fact that you can't do much with $75000, just that you're not getting other facts right.

Comment

Working...
                      X