Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overgrowth For Linux Is Almost Ready

Phoronix: Overgrowth For Linux Is Almost Ready

The Linux port of Overgrowth, a forthcoming title from Wolfire Games, is nearly ready...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i am wating for this game

Comment

A very simple question: what's the aim of the game? Run around and kill animals? Does someone know something more?

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
        A very simple question: what's the aim of the game? Run around and kill animals? Does someone know something more?
        That's pretty much what is about, yea. but for some reason it was very fun with lugaru, so i guess that with this sequel with its enhanced graphics and physics will be fun too.

Comment

idz alpha.. what do you expect? no maps, no characters, no stuff, just simple mechanic and engine first.

did you ever developed a game?

Comment

Preorders?

I've never understood why people pre-order. I always want to test out the full game on my system before I throw *any* cash at it. This is especially true for Linux ports that may never come or are done very poorly. At the very least I expect a playable demo before I can give money, but now days I'll torrent before I even consider spending. This was true for Oil Rush, and even though Lugaru was epic, I want to test drive before I buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeroedout View Post
              I've never understood why people pre-order. I always want to test out the full game on my system before I throw *any* cash at it. This is especially true for Linux ports that may never come or are done very poorly. At the very least I expect a playable demo before I can give money, but now days I'll torrent before I even consider spending. This was true for Oil Rush, and even though Lugaru was epic, I want to test drive before I buy.
              I did it because I wanted to support the developers during the development for the amazing work they've done. Did the same thing for OilRush.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeroedout View Post
                I wouldn't pre-order any game made by a large studio but I did it because they're indie developers. I wanted to appreciate not only their work on Lugaru but also their awesome Humble Bundles in which I bought a lot of games. Besides, contact with developers is really good, they provide weekly alpha builds and YouTube videos about what happened in development during last week. They also don't make it hard to return money paid for pre-ordering if one is dissatisfied with what's offered, one just has to ask.

They are funding their work on Overgrowth by using money from pre-orders so this game would never exist without it.

Comment

Will be most EPIC indie game evar.

Comment

Nobody seems to have picked up on the point that the game engine is pretty awesome... So mods, etc. developed for it will hopefully be Linux friendly... The lighting model looks pretty decent to me (from looking at the demo videos). Linux desperately needs some decent native proprietary game engines...

As for all the stupid comments about not sinking money into a black hole... The devs. have weekly Youtube channel you can subscribe to. What more do you want??

Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X