Another Single-Game Humble Bundle Deal Launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
    And since when did we start complaining about the way pay what you want sales are run? Especially ones that support Linux and are DRM free?
    Just because something is pay what you want, supports linux and is DRM free doesn't mean that gives it an automatic free ride and excuse for being mediocre.

Comment

Bought the game and tested it. It is fun to play basically, on lenny 64 bit the mouse got stuck however in the middle of the screen after quitting the game, did not happen on squeeze. This also does not happen with windowed mode. Well you dont need to pay much for it, but is a fun game for a little while. The gfx is very basic, runs on the slowest netbook...

Comment

I was going to say 'Another one! I don't think I'll bother getting it this time.' Then I watch the video and I'm to intrigued not to try it out :S

Comment

I've bought the other bundles, in fact I've spent over $60 on one of them, but I'm passing on this one..
          Paying money for an alpha game? No thank you.. Should have just waited until it was ready.. There's no guarantee that the game will ever be finished..

Comment

Hey, I've got a game in alpha. It's called "Open Battlefield - Modern Warfare". Here's the source code for it:
            Code:
            #include <GL.h> \\that's it so far
            As you can see it's a work in progress, but it's cross-platform! DRM-free! Works on Linux! Would anyone pay me?
            I'm heading for the Humble Bundle folks to include it! Buy it! If you like open source & Linux support me!

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              Hey, I've got a game in alpha. It's called "Open Battlefield - Modern Warfare". Here's the source code for it:
              Code:
              #include <GL.h> \\that's it so far
              As you can see it's a work in progress, but it's cross-platform! DRM-free! Works on Linux! Would anyone pay me?
              I'm heading for the Humble Bundle folks to include it! Buy it! If you like open source & Linux support me!
              OMG, you so totally stole that code from me.

Comment

Gameplay wise it a tricky little shoot em up with a very retro feel. The voxel graphics look like it could be utilised for interesting effect and adds some novelty to the gameplay. As someone pointed out runs fine on a netbook. I'd say well worth the measly $2 that I paid (I make windows users look nice) and will be nice to see how the game develops from here.

Comment

anyone else tired of the same charities ?

i want open source charities (foundations, etc), at least i can see what they are using the money for and open source tools have helped many Indies so is time they give something back.

i will be suggesting this to them soon. Would even incentive me to donate more... so is a win for them.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                    anyone else tired of the same charities ?

i want open source charities (foundations, etc), at least i can see what they are using the money for and open source tools have helped many Indies so is time they give something back.

i will be suggesting this to them soon. Would even incentive me to donate more... so is a win for them.
                    I am supprised that they all sponsor the EFF, but many of these games aren't even OSS. Some are even .Net which makes me cringe and cry.

Comment

this would be an insta-buy if they bundled Kenshi too: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...-today-kenshi/

Comment

Working...
                      X