Latest Bundle Already Pulls $100k; Here's A Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Welsh Dwarf View Post
    Speaking of cogs, anyone have any luck with it and r600g (might be my 64bit system that's causing this but still).

Cogs complains about vertex and fragment shaders not being there, but glxinfo say's they are.
    The game isn't picking up the right driver. Start it from a terminal with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose

(Chances are that you need to delete/move the libgcc and libstdc++ libraries shipped with the game to make it work).

Comment

I should also mention that at least on my Evergreen Cogs is causing a GPU hang with the default settings. (Bug is filed).

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
        The AndYetItMove in this bundle is the same that the one released about 1 years earlier? Do it have some more level?
        "New achievements and bonus content."

I picked this up last year but the 4 other games make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          The game isn't picking up the right driver. Start it from a terminal with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose

(Chances are that you need to delete/move the libgcc and libstdc++ libraries shipped with the game to make it work).
          Thanks for the hint.

Sniping the libstdc++ in the cogs directory did the trick.

FYI, on my evergreen, the GPU doesn't hang, it just freezes a little on menu load (I'm running git head from the 25th).

Comment

despite the looks, VVVVVV got me hooked big time
            cogs is well worth it if you like puzzles
            hammerfight I am not sure about yet, need to try it a bit more
            and yet it moves is brilliant !
            can't get Crayon to work yet, no libtiff4 and from what I read it seems its pulseaudio also

Comment

Is something wrong with Hammerfight on Linux?

AYIM and Crayon Physics both work great on my i7 with Ubuntu 10.10 with NVIDIA proprietary drivers.

Is anyone else dreadfully disappointed with Hammerfight though? No matter what resolution or graphics mode I run it in (even in fullscreen), it shows up as a tiny 800x600 window on my 1980x1080 monitor. All the text is really hard to read and I find myself squinting to make out the graphics. And it seems to run very poorly. The two helicopters and their weights just stagger around really slowly.

The reviews I've read suggest that it runs well on Windows, they don't mention performance or graphics issues. Could there be a problem with the Linux port?
              Last edited by mykro76; 29 July 2011, 01:24 AM. Reason: Hammerfight not fist

Comment

Originally posted by mykro76 View Post
                Is anyone else dreadfully disappointed with Hammerfight though? No matter what resolution or graphics mode I run it in (even in fullscreen), it shows up as a tiny 800x600 window on my 1980x1080 monitor. All the text is really hard to read and I find myself squinting to make out the graphics. And it seems to run very poorly. The two helicopters and their weights just stagger around really slowly.
                It seems to be running okay here, but yeah with a tiny window and next to unreadable text. That's a problem that really sucked the joy out of the game

Comment

Working...
                X