Looking for Linux programmer to hack on Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
    To the OP have you looked into building your project against winelib?
    well actually there is no project build.... it's a game already released... and it's a request for better wine support for it! quite a let down for meh, i thought that was a game in development but isn't!

Comment

Qaridarium, what do you want from me? Codeweavers is not the solution I'm looking for, can you please accept it and stop repeating the same things over and over? And NDAs have nothing to do with this.

Yes, I'm looking to make a specific game that is not mine and that is already released work well with Wine. What is wrong with that?

Comment

I see what you are wanting now.

You're really not in the right place.

You should ideally be looking to report information on what does/doesn't work to the wine app database and post on the wine forum, best place for it

Comment

oh my god! Q***** where did you pick such stupid nick? Nevermind i don't want to know.... You, sir, are nothing more than a flamer and troller.... So i did reported you and i hope that you get banned.

Back on topic:

dammarin, honestly i do agree with the fact that you really need to go at winehq.org and request assistance there.

Comment

Yeah, I'll definitely do that.

Although I don't think starting a topic here was a bad idea; this is a technical and Linux-friendly crowd, after all.

Thank you for your responses, everyone.

Comment

Feel free to post again just every forum tends to have a Q type person who talks utter crap, even when they know nothing on the subject - he is posting for the sake of it and doesn't make sense 99% of the time, just add him to your ignore lists (if this forum supports that feature).

Honestly though winehq is always the best place for wine related topics especially like this.

Comment

Originally posted by dammarin View Post
                Yeah, I'll definitely do that.

Although I don't think starting a topic here was a bad idea; this is a technical and Linux-friendly crowd, after all.

Thank you for your responses, everyone.
                PM me the name of the game and I'll see if it's something I think I could manage in my spare time.

Comment

Alright, PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by dammarin View Post
                    Alright, PM sent.
                    I'll have a look this weekend. I'll try to let you know by Sunday night if it's something that I think I can manage within a reasonable time frame.

PS - Provided I do the work, do you care if I release a patch for other people having the same issue with the game?

Comment

Working...
                    X