The Humble Indie Bundle #2 Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
    Just bought the bundle! All the games run well in Linux and thank you whoever did the Braid port, works flawlessly on my 64-bit Arch system (with 32-bit libraries installed, obviously).
    You can thank icculus for that one.

Comment

Meh, half the time installers don't give me menu items anyway
      Oh, btw...Arch, was it? Guess I'll DL it here now and get ready to do a sacrificial HD with it to try and sort the menu item out since it's bagged just not failing to install with it. Fix each in turn...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        Oh, btw...Arch, was it? Guess I'll DL it here now and get ready to do a sacrificial HD with it to try and sort the menu item out since it's bagged just not failing to install with it. Fix each in turn...
        Errr, Arch isn't exactly a standard distro. It's rolling release and DIY, so the configuration options are endless, it'd be like downloading Gentoo and trying to make sure the menu items install on it

Comment

Hate the 1 minute edit window:

OH! And actually now that I look it DID give me a menu item.... it just put it in "Other" instead of "Games". Odd.

Comment

Errr, Arch isn't exactly a standard distro. It's rolling release and DIY, so the configuration options are endless, it'd be like downloading Gentoo and trying to make sure the menu items install on it
            There IS that...but if I'm doing an update to fix this little "oops" before the bundle's sell time is done (and I am planning on trying...) I might as well see if I can make it work mostly consistently...or know precisely why it can't on some distros right.

Comment

Hate the 1 minute edit window:

OH! And actually now that I look it DID give me a menu item.... it just put it in "Other" instead of "Games". Odd.
              ROFL... It's because you don't have the menu structure I specified in my installer scripting. I'll see if I can't make it play nicer and put it where it'll make more sense. Failing that...we'll make it a readme.txt item...

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                It would certainly be nice if these projects get open sourced so that these issues may be resolved. I gather the developers are also listening for feedback though so let's give closed source a chance.
                As an FYI... Yes, the developers are listening (at least with Braid and Cortex Command as both developers are lurking in the forums... ) and Ryan can't help the Braid problem and I've kind of been blindsided with the 64-bit problem... I'm trying to see what I can fix quickly on my sins on this game...

Comment

I can't install Revenge of the Titans in my Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit:
                  Code:
                  $ sudo dpkg -i RevengeOfTheTitans-HIB-amd64.deb 
                  (Reading database ... 325758 files and directories currently installed.)
                  Unpacking revenge-of-the-titans (from RevengeOfTheTitans-HIB-amd64.deb) ...
                  dpkg: error processing RevengeOfTheTitans-HIB-amd64.deb (--install):
                   unable to create `/opt/revengeofthetitans/full_length_music/einleitung.mp3.dpkg-new' (while processing `/opt/revengeofthetitans/full_length_music/einleitung.mp3'): No such file or directory
                  dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
                  Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
                  Processing triggers for python-gmenu ...
                  Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/desktop.en_US.utf8.cache...
                  Processing triggers for menu ...
                  Processing triggers for python-support ...
                  Errors were encountered while processing:
                   RevengeOfTheTitans-HIB-amd64.deb

Comment

This bundle completely fails on my crack-powered r600g setup, but still... awesome release! Will have to play the games on my secondary nvidia machine for now.

Comment

Originally posted by m_gol View Post
                      I can't install Revenge of the Titans in my Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit:
                      Code:
                      $ sudo dpkg -i RevengeOfTheTitans-HIB-amd64.deb 
                      (Reading database ... 325758 files and directories currently installed.)
                      Unpacking revenge-of-the-titans (from RevengeOfTheTitans-HIB-amd64.deb) ...
                      dpkg: error processing RevengeOfTheTitans-HIB-amd64.deb (--install):
                       unable to create `/opt/revengeofthetitans/full_length_music/einleitung.mp3.dpkg-new' (while processing `/opt/revengeofthetitans/full_length_music/einleitung.mp3'): No such file or directory
                      dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
                      Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
                      Processing triggers for python-gmenu ...
                      Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/desktop.en_US.utf8.cache...
                      Processing triggers for menu ...
                      Processing triggers for python-support ...
                      Errors were encountered while processing:
                       RevengeOfTheTitans-HIB-amd64.deb
                      Hang loose...Puppygames knows of some issues and they're working on it and hope to have a new install set for the known issues shortly- this is liable to be one of them.. Another instance of, "it didn't show in testing" or "it showed up just as we shipped things..."- about like my woes right now.

Keep reporting the stuff though, gang. Nobody survives wholly intact on a rollout comprising tens of thousands of units worth all at once- no amount of testing is going to catch the nooks and crannies like this. If it looks like something's not getting addressed, I'll try to relay to the studio what you're finding.

Comment

Working...
                      X