No announcement yet.

The Amnesia Game Gets Ready For A Linux Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, thanks. Which "other thread" do you refer to exactly? (I understand refer to another thread on Phoronix, not the bug you link to, or am I wrong?)

Comment

Here,

Comment

Downloaded my digital copy earlier today. Really liking the game so far... even if do have to walk away from it for a bit to calm myself down.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
          Downloaded my digital copy earlier today. Really liking the game so far... even if do have to walk away from it for a bit to calm myself down.
          Playing (and enjoying a lot) the demo for now... Amazing atmosphere darn!
          Pretty sure to end up on the "to buy" list

Comment

I just got stuck in the Demo, dran! (expecting to be able to buy the final version by month's end)

I've never been good at games that require you to be precise in your jumping, and this part with the water monster is really, really making it hard for me. The jumping (for me) is hard enough as it is (and as you would have guessed, I ran out of oil), with the freaking monster thrown in, I'm unable to make it to the door before it closes through the crates and I don't seem able to escape running... DARN! I'm absolutely loving this game!

Comment

I just can't believe I didn't find out about these games until now, Penumbra and Amnesia: http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/games

Now the question is, do I dare playing them?!

The ultrapositive reviews at Metacritic tell me me I don't...

The last remaining memories fade away into darkness. Your mind is a mess and only a feeling of being hunted remains. You must escape. Awake... Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a first person survival horror. A game about immersion, discovery and living through a nightmare. An experience that will chill you to the core.

This must be the most underreported AAA Linux/Mac/Win game, with a demo, in a long time at Phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by sabriah View Post
                This must be the most underreported AAA Linux/Mac/Win game, with a demo, in a long time at Phoronix.
                At Phoronix yes, but not so much in the rest of the community. Play them, Penumbra is great, though I have not had the opportunity to play through Amnesia yet.

Comment

I liked both games, but (imo) Penumbras story telling was more catchy. Staying in the mine with some crazy person talking into your semi-working transmitter. I would call it magical

Comment

Originally posted by Schmaker View Post
                    I liked both games, but (imo) Penumbras story telling was more catchy. Staying in the mine with some crazy person talking into your semi-working transmitter. I would call it magical
                    Well, I have only played the demo for Amnesia at the moment, but I do think I have to agree with you already.

Comment

Does it work with mesa now?
                      ## VGA ##
                      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                      X