Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    Sigh @ Ubuntu. Apparently they keep that lib in /lib/i386-linux-gnu/ not in /lib/.

I see the new commit in https://github.com/clbr/libframetime/commits/master ?

Leave a comment:

• priestnot
    replied
    Originally posted by {Serafean}
    OSS drivers : GALLIUM_HUD?
    Sorry did not understand the question. But if you want to know the OS and the drivers, the OS is Ubuntu based distro and the drivers depends on the graphic card (can be Nvidia, ATI, Intel)

Originally posted by {curaga}
    I so far tested libframetime only on 64-bit. If you're on 32-bit, please try again with today's git.
    If latest git "Support older 32-bit glibc" still fails, I'll need you to post the output of "readelf -a /lib*/libdl*.so | grep dlsym".

The perf drop in libframetime is almost zero, should be unmeasurable. No idea of the other two, they do more, so they can have more overhead.
    I tried to fetch you new changes but there were none so i can only test it next friday or so.
    By the way I ran the command that you mentioned and the result was:
    Code:
    $ readelf -a /lib*/libdl*.so | grep dlsym
    readelf: Error: '/lib*/libdl*.so': No such file
    Am I missing something in my installation? Or is your command that has some error? Is seams strange to be in root "/".
    I also tried this command it might have some extra information:
    Code:
    $ readelf -a ./lib* ./libdl*.so | grep dlsym
    readelf: Error: './libdl*.so': No such file
        22: 00000bf0   220 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT   11 dlsym

By the way thanks for your help it is much appreciated. Thank you...

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    I so far tested libframetime only on 64-bit. If you're on 32-bit, please try again with today's git.
    If latest git "Support older 32-bit glibc" still fails, I'll need you to post the output of "readelf -a /lib*/libdl*.so | grep dlsym".

The perf drop in libframetime is almost zero, should be unmeasurable. No idea of the other two, they do more, so they can have more overhead.

Leave a comment:

• Serafean
    replied
    OSS drivers : GALLIUM_HUD?

Leave a comment:

• priestnot
    replied
    I tried bugle and voglperf and I manage to have a log file with the fps. None of them stamps the time for each sample.

But I did not manage to put libframetime to work it gives me a error: libframetime: Failed loading dlsym

So my first question id why is libframetime giving me that error.

And second what kind of performance drop will I have by using bugle, voglperf or libframetime?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Try libframetime.

Leave a comment:

• priestnot
    replied
    Hello again no news about this subject?

Leave a comment:

• priestnot
    replied
    Hello I also need a way t get FPS from a aplication that does not log them.

I fount bugle and tested it with success.

Now does any one knows if it has a big impact on performance to use bugle just to get FPS to a log file?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    I wonder if the Phoronix Test Suite team could develop a tool to show the FPS in overlay mode while is playing a game. It is something that apparently does not exist in Linux.
    It would be great!

Leave a comment:

• Licaon
    replied
    meh

http://code.google.com/p/frapix/Frapix does not work, no idea why either

it needs libimago: http://gfxtools.sourceforge.net/
    built both 32 and 64bit versions, separately, installed them, put the libs in /usr/local/lib32 and lib64

built frapix for 32 and 64bit, installed the libs

now, preloaded the 64bit lib for Unigine Heaven 2.1 64bit with no error but no framerate displayed, nor does the frame limiter work either

preloaded 32bit lib and i get this error:
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/local/lib32/libfrapix.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    any ideas ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X