Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael = LIAR

Comment

• theclappyman = stupid?

you are really impatient, aren't you? Valve has yet to release the official client and PR, meanwhile watch quietly as many of us before accusing stupidly as you are doing!

Comment

• Good things come to those who wait

Comment

• You can't state something is "official" without consultation to official sources. Valve have not mentioned anything on the subject. I guess we will still be waiting for a confirmation into 2011 and beyond.

A hacked steam client and and his own opinions mean nothing. How do you know he is under NDA?. He has no substance to back up his wild claims. For all we know, we could be waiting, getting our hopes up, and then get nothing from Valve. This is the situation at present. Steam for Linux = not coming anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Setlec View Post
            theclappyman = stupid?

you are really impatient, aren't you? Valve has yet to release the official client and PR, meanwhile watch quietly as many of us before accusing stupidly as you are doing!
            And what if it does not turn up? Because it's looking likely in the future.

Comment

• if it doesn't that would mean that valve are a bunch of bitches money sucks and that's all. at least the have some steam linux version files from official website and not a screen like Icculus posted somewhere showing UT3 running on linux... and Honestly i've been around for quite a time and honestly i think that my trust into Micheal as journalist be very strong! I may even say that was a bit too much to say "it's official" as he did in the title but none the less he said that we would have to wait a PR and etc from valve. the official could be interpreted as proof, imo. if you aren't happy with that then i suggest you to leave the forum and make your own news website and do something else than saying stupidities here and there.

Comment

• no ndA..... this article woald't have publised. .

Comment

• Maybe we should ask for an official comment about Postal? for Linux and we get an indirect answer for Source Engine on Linux. So is there someone with connections to Running With Scissors?

Comment

• The latest edition of C'T magazine (juli/august number) now also states this summer the linux version of steam will be released (in the dutch edition).

I'm windsurfing at the moment so can not check their sources at the moment.

Comment

• The latest edition of C'T magazine (juli/august number) now also states this summer the linux version of steam will be released (in the dutch edition).

I'm windsurfing at the moment so can not check their sources at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X