Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Let me put it this way:

Isaac Newton > General Electric

Oh, I forgot, he never did anything other than dig a hole with his rotten, stone-age teeth
    Doing science is just one aspect of a Walden Two. Now how about using the knowledge and start building a transport system?

You see that's where everyone is failing. Everybody is too busy with theorising and critising, but no one is saying "Hey why don't we actually do something to put it to some practical, real world use?".

Comment

• Incorrect, there are.

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        Let me put it this way:

Isaac Newton > General Electric

Oh, I forgot, he never did anything other than dig a hole with his rotten, stone-age teeth
        Good thing that Isaac Newton was educated by the state who achieved its power through war and conquering close to 1/3 of the earth. Empires are created out of greed.

Greed breeds wars which breeds innovation.

Long live the empire!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          Incorrect, there are.
          I am only aware of one, which was founded somewhere in a desert-like country that was brutaly stopped by that country its government. Among one of that Walden Two's citizen was a docter.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
            I am only aware of one, which was founded somewhere in a desert-like country that was brutaly stopped by that country its government. Among one of that Walden Two's citizen was a docter.
            I actually referred to your comment:
            You see that's where everyone is failing. Everybody is too busy with theorising and critising, but no one is saying "Hey why don't we actually do something to put it to some practical, real world use?".
            We would not be where we are if people would not "do" something, especially not something practical and of real world use.

Comment

I actually referred to your comment:
              In that case the only voluntary thing ever done regarding transportation (that I am aware of) is this: http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2...-in-the-world/

We would not be where we are if people would not "do" something, especially not something practical and of real world use.
              Oh really... what would have been the moptivation? Is it not employement for a 'greedy profit making corporation' in return for money? Wait... what?

Comment

• You lost me there. You claim that people only have money as motivation and nothing else?

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  Aren't we lucky to have you as a visionary to tell us how to do it!

Comment

You lost me there. You claim that people only have money as motivation and nothing else?
                    It shows because I never claimed anything...

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo
                      Good thing that Isaac Newton was educated by the state
                      And here I thought that he was educated by teachers.

Comment

Working...
                      X