No announcement yet.

The Humble Indie Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does indeed, but I'm a bit worried by the recommendation to use fglrx/nVidia blob.

Penumbra works great using free ATi drivers, though, so I'll probably wait to see if the demo runs on my machine before purchasing that one. Until then, I have the Penumbra series to work through.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      It does indeed, but I'm a bit worried by the recommendation to use fglrx/nVidia blob.

Penumbra works great using free ATi drivers, though, so I'll probably wait to see if the demo runs on my machine before purchasing that one. Until then, I have the Penumbra series to work through.
      Unless you're an open source nazi it's just common sense to use the binary drivers. <I do hope that will change someday>

Comment

Sorry, but switching between the open drivers and fglrx is a pain in the ass, and I'm not going to do it for one game.

At the moment, the open drivers do almost everything I need, and the things that are really important: stable accelerated desktop and video are much better than with fglrx.

Comment

its more easy using different linux installs.

Comment

Linux market share continues to increase.

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
              Lol, so Linux market share is increasing pretty rapidly for a two day period. Just a week and we'll be at 50% right?

Comment

Originally posted by ad_267 View Post
                Lol, so Linux market share is increasing pretty rapidly for a two day period. Just a week and we'll be at 50% right?
                One can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
                  Interesting. I was actually expecting the exact opposite: That all Linux-gamers which wanted to buy the game would have done so in the first 2 days, but that the Windows market-share would keep growing, 'cause of the much larger pool of potential customers.
                  Well, sometimes it's nice to be proven wrong.

Comment

Average amount of money spent per OS is now being displayed.

Someone show this to Valve so that they can re-focus their efforts?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      its more easy using different linux installs.
                      I don't know whether the installed files changed substantially since Fglrx dropped support for cards <R500, but before that I did just fine with a very simple script that changed a couple of symlinks and loaded/unloaded the relevant modules. As long as both drivers work with the X server version installed everything's fine. Much easier and convenient to restart X than to restart the computer and maintain a second installation.

Comment

Working...
                      X