Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @Svartalf

I tested a binary hack with aquaria, now you can leave the game in window mode, replace "jmp SDL_WM_GrabInput" by "ret nop nop nop nop" and "call SDL_WM_GrabInput" by "nop nop nop nop nop". Better would be when alt-tab would just always work.
    Figured as much- just hadn't gotten to testing it via library replacement yet. I would have to agree with the sentiment on alt-Tab though. Guess I've got one more thing on the plate in the near future because it needs fixing.

Comment

Regarding the "GrapInput" thingy: I kinda like it because I have lots of keyboard WM shortcuts and in most cases if the games do not grab my keyboard then it would be a PITA to play them. So the best solution would be to do it like in HoN where you can toggle it.

So for Svartalf and any other game devs that is reading this: Please implement both methods so you can toggle them if needed!

Comment

Just bought the bundle for $35. I really like the offer, I already owned World of Goo, but these other games look great as well. I think its great how these Indie's come up with such PR stunts that not only are reasonably cheap to perform (people just telling each other about the offer), but also make a lot of buyers happy and even raise quite some money!

Comment

New game

Here comes another game with the bundle Samorost 2

Pay what you want. Support charity. Get awesome games.

Comment

New game

Here comes another game with the bundle Samorost 2.
            Really good bundle

Pay what you want. Support charity. Get awesome games.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedDB View Post
              So for Svartalf and any other game devs that is reading this: Please implement both methods so you can toggle them if needed!
              Unfortunately, you're not the norm (as much as any of us aren't the norm...)- having it go either way can cause it's own set of support issues (as does just simply grabbing...); not telling you no, but think in terms of what kind of fun that's going to be...

Comment

hello michael

So why is this not on the Phoronix front page already? In between 100 headlines about a Steam installer script.

50$. I hardly play games but I can do some graphic testing with this

Comment

Originally posted by tormod View Post
                  So why is this not on the Phoronix front page already? In between 100 headlines about a Steam installer script.

Good question, both the sale, and all the interesting tidbits Wolfire has written about games for Linux should really deserve a place on the frontpage.

Maybe it could be seen as free advertising for the sale, and that's why it haven't been posted? On the other hand, that haven't stopped all other blogs and sites even remotely connected to Linux gaming from writing about it...

Comment

@Svartalf

Just tested to mod lugaru, that's very simple even using objdump/sed - as the replacements only apply once:
                    Code:
                    #!/bin/sh
                    GAME=lugaru
                    for x in $(objdump -d $GAME|awk '/call/&&/SDL_WM_GrabInput/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
                     echo found $x
                     sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $GAME
                    done

Comment

Originally posted by tormod View Post

Heh... I'd have to ask Michael the same thing here... Steam's that big- but, if you get right to brass-tacks, this is quite a bit bigger yet. Garnering over a quarter mil with some time left to spare- and nearly half of that came from OUR community...

Comment

Working...
                      X