Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover 9.9 Adds Support For Using The NTSYNC Driver

Phoronix: Hangover 9.9 Adds Support For Using The NTSYNC Driver

André Zwing continues hacking on the Hangover project as a means of running Windows applications on AArch64 Linux by leveraging Wine and pairing it with emulators like QEMU, FEX, or Box64. Besides the initial AArch64/ARM64 focus, Hangover can be important for bring Windows game/application on Linux support eventually to other architectures like POWER and RISC-V...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think I'm now convinced that Michael keeps at least one unopened bottle of wine under his desk at all times so that he's ready when WINE related development happens.

Comment

From git readmi

Current main focus is to run i386 Windows applications on ARM64 Linux, but it's also possible to run ARM32 Windows applications on x86_64 Linux. I also started working on a branch for RISC-V 64-bit Linux.​
      So from what I understand, this software can run x86 software on arm hardware, and the other way around, is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by coatlessali View Post
        I think I'm now convinced that Michael keeps at least one unopened bottle of wine under his desk at all times so that he's ready when WINE related development happens.
        Usually there are many unopened bottles of wine in wine fridge... I'm not much into wine besides occasional sparkling wine, but my wife likes wine so there is always some on hand
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
          From git readmi

So from what I understand, this software can run x86 software on arm hardware, and the other way around, is that correct?
          nevermind I read wrong ignore what I wrote before. I think you're correct.

Comment

Michael

Typo/Wording

"Linux 6.10 is adding the basic NTSYNC driver but further functionality remains and thus the NTSYNC driver is treated as "broken" for now but will hopefully be ready in ~v6.11.​"

Maybe

"Linux 6.10 is adding the basic NTSYNC driver but further functionality remains to be implemented and thus the NTSYNC driver is treated as "broken" for now but will hopefully be ready in ~v6.11.​"​

Comment

I'm excited for ARM hardware, this will be a major benefit to all computer users and linux users.

Comment

Anyone know if you can run this on Asahi? There's an old open issue on Github, but no updates on it since October last year.

Comment

Working...
                X