Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReactOS "Open-Source Windows" Shown Running On Valve's Steam Deck

Phoronix: ReactOS "Open-Source Windows" Shown Running On Valve's Steam Deck

As part of the effort for enabling UEFI support with ReactOS, an open-source operating system re-implementing binary compatibility with Microsoft Windows, a development build of ReactOS is up and running on Valve's Steam Deck handheld game console...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They should steal the color scheme from Steam to draw more attention to their project.

Classic Steam Skin. Contribute to ungstein/OG-Steam development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

I did some digging for the KDE Theme by Valve (basically as seen above) -- and it looks like this may be it for those that want to testdrive it: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/v...amos-theme-kde

Comment

I wonder if this UEFI bootloader for ReactOS could be used to boot the actual Windows OS without using bootmgfw.efi. AFAIK the only other bootloader that is capable of booting Windows directly is Quibble.

Comment

time for some retro gaming

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            They should steal the color scheme from Steam to draw more attention to their project.

https://github.com/ungstein/OG-Steam
            No, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

No, thanks.
              On my 2000-era Windows gaming PC, I still run the original Steam client (via an early steam server emulator) that looks like this before it went extra bloated looking around v2.

I quite like it, simple and clean. However, yes it would be quite imposing for the *whole* OS UI to look like this!

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                On my 2000-era Windows gaming PC, I still run the original Steam client (via an early steam server emulator) that looks like this before it went extra bloated looking around v2.
                Lol, when I think of retro gaming, I'm thinking downloading shareware from a BBS, over a v.34 dial up modem. Then sending a check in the mail to the developer, who mails you back a couple of floppy disks.
                Last edited by torsionbar28; 14 September 2023, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                  Lol, when I think of retro gaming, I'm thinking downloading shareware from a BBS, over a v.34 dial up modem. Then sending a check in the mail to the developer, who mails you back a couple of floppy disks.
                  Hah yes. I pretty much have a machine for every era. I find PC emulation to not quite be up to scratch for things like games.

For BBS-era, I actually have two DOS machines (it covered a large timeframe!). One for early DOS and one with a sickeningly fast 486!
                  Last edited by kpedersen; 14 September 2023, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

I quite like it, simple and clean. However, yes it would be quite imposing for the *whole* OS UI to look like this!
                    The widgets are fine, but the colors…

Comment

Working...
                    X