Spux - native vent client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You

BSD and Solaris is a goal of the project as well, and I do think Windows and Mac will be something just to do for experience even if those users are closed minded. Though there is room for much improvement of the official client.

Comment

What are the chances you guys can work with the Mumble developers to turn spux into a addon/plugin/extension. Mumble already has a great foundation for a low latency voice chat application, this could also open up the possiblity for open source implementations of the Teamspeak 2 and 3 protocols via Mumble/spux as well.

If you go this route, It'd be best to start work soon rather than later.
      Last edited by Milyardo; 02 July 2009, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Creating a plug-in for Mumble was suggested to me a long time ago around the start of the project, but as it is I don't agree with some of the decisions the Mumble developers have made. Rather than slander the name of Mumble as I have the up-most respect for its developers I will just say chances are slim.

Comment

has a multi voip app been suggested? similar to what pidgin does for instant messenger. No doubt very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
            Hopefully this is eventually a vent client which actually works :P
            Agreed...the windows one is rather dicey too

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
              has a multi voip app been suggested? similar to what pidgin does for instant messenger. No doubt very difficult.
              Yes it has, unfortunately it would require a lot of time and hard work which I don't have atm. Though it is a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                well i have been falling behind in my donations so heres 5 bucks for good luck. Ders been alot of deserving projects lately so you all need to share .

Hopefully ill be back on a linux machine shortly.

As for multiplatform, unless you make it better then the real vent client its unlikely you will make much of an impact. BSD/Solaris might be a goal but mac/windows users are often too closed minded for their own good.
                Exactly...so it's good sense to make a multiplatform client. The linux client's a good start to get the code and interface right. Then it can be ported to Windows/Mac

Comment

Those were my thoughts as well, with the exception of BSD and Solaris.

Comment

Originally posted by msierks View Post
                    Yes it has, unfortunately it would require a lot of time and hard work which I don't have atm. Though it is a great idea.
                    I was about to suggest the same thing until I saw someone'd already posted it. A multi-protocol VOIP client would be a killer app for Linux IMO. (does anything else do that yet?)

Comment

maybe. but not for vent, teamspeak or Mohawk.

Comment

Working...
                      X