No announcement yet.

Steam Deck Now Available For Immediate Ordering, Steam Deck Dock Also In-Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they also sell a Steam Deck Dock Deck? And a dock to fit it in?

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
      Do they also sell a Steam Deck Dock Deck? And a dock to fit it in?
      Do you mean the Steam Deck Dock Duck Di... eh ... no.

Comment

Originally posted by joshx1 View Post
        Also probably won't be in Australia anytime soon, reasons:

1. GST (10% tax)
        2. Warranty here is for the consumer, which Valve already hates for Steam (they fought HARD against the ACCC [Australian Competition and Consumer Commission], and lost their $3 million settlement).
        3. Shipping

IMHO, they really need to have regional partners who can resell these, provide support/refunds/warranty etc. I don't have to go through MSI to buy an MSI motherboard, I can go down to the computer shop or order online. Even with Google Pixel and other phones you can buy them through stores instead of directly through Google.
        This is what they are already doing.

Komodo for Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

I'm guessing it will be EBGames in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Elendig View Post
          Valve still refuses to sell to norway :/
          And Australia... I've decided to wait for Steam Deck 2... even the next gen version of XR2 is 2.5x speed.

Comment

Steam Deck specs:
            USB-C with DisplayPort 1.4 Alt-mode support; up to 8K 60Hz or 4K @120Hz, USB 3.2 Gen 2y

Steam Deck Dock specs:
            Supports up to 4k 60hz, or 1440p 120hz
            So this IMHO sucks, that that dock is not up to specs of Steam Deck.
            You can argue games would never run smoothly at 4K@120Hz, but I guess that many would will(especially with FSR or integer upscaling). and you may want to watch to want some videos at 8K@60Hz or use it to test monitors/cables if there's problem with your other setup.

I do wonder if the main problem is MST chip, and y getting rid if it in design, would unblock full SteamDeck's output capabilities?​

Comment

Working...
            X