Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proton 7.0-3 With More Games Running Well On Linux, Experimental Preps More Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 7.0-3 With More Games Running Well On Linux, Experimental Preps More Changes

Phoronix: Proton 7.0-3 With More Games Running Well On Linux, Experimental Preps More Changes

Valve today promoted Proton 7.0-3 to stable as the newest version of this software based on Wine and leveraging DXVK / VKD3D-Proton and other components for running Windows games with great success on Linux. Proton 7.0-3 is now available for Steam Play when firing up the Steam client while Valve also today issued a new Proton Experimental update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Have also has made an update available for Proton Experimental.
    I think that should be Valve.

A very interesting part of the experimental changelog was "Use copy on write for prefixes on supported files systems." It uses reflinks.

Comment

I love that look of the turret controlling a valve. Oh! I could dream of being shot by the turret while walking across the hallway and I would do a dodge-roll just so I can survive the shooting. LOL!

Comment

Working...
      X