Steam On Linux Hovered Just Above 1% For January 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Mostly. There is still a Linux native client for DOTA2 now it requires the steam runtime container. There was a glitch where starting a game steam runtime container display as if it was starting game by Steam Play when that was not what was happening. And there was another glitch when DOTA2 changed from the old system using chroot for steam runtime to steam runtime container. Yes the glitch at the change over could have caused DOTA2 to only run by proton/Steam Play until the next steam client update and these are randomised based by user ID so Raka555 could have been unlucky to hit this one thing have a long wait to the update. .

Yes a few others have seen the steam play message and check the process list and notice that proton/wine is not running at all. For some reason on some systems starting up the steam runtime container equal print message running by steam play but that bug was fixed.

So what Raka555 saw was a bug and there is two possible bugs. So Raka555 was not intentionally fibbing or intentionally doing anything wrong. Software glitches do create some creative system responses at times and invalid messages at times.
    This must have been the bug I triggered, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
      Seems there is no Native DOTA2 client for linux any more.
      All the machine where I have Dota installed now needs to launch it through Steam Play ...
      it was a bug, remove and install again, it resolve to me

Comment

Working...
      X