Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HITMAN 3 Runs Well On Linux With Steam Play - Open-Source Radeon Performance Especially Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Volta View Post

It does - in comparison to native resolution which should be obvious, but maybe not for you.

Warzone DLSS is really nice tech, but it is far from perfect.in this video we are going to discuss the problems surrounding DLSS.WARZONE DLSS BUGS // Blurry,...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefiel...e/td-p/7477628
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX609lCm0LQ
    Second and third link about BF5: that was DLSS 1, I think.
    There's ample evidence at Digital Foundry on YouTube that DLSS 2 can improve fidelity even above what can be rendered at native resolution, see e.g. the recently released God of War on Steam.
    God of War on PC is superb! Alex Battaglia goes fully in-depth on the port, produced by Sony Santa Monica and Jetpack, with options analysis, performance tes...

Check out the section between 4m16s ~ 8m44s, it's quite worth it.
    tl;dw: DLSS "Quality" preset eliminates artifacts from the checkerboard renderer and preserves some details better than native+TAA in motion. I uploaded a couple screenshots from that video here: https://imgur.com/a/xUeN69U

AMD GPU user myself, but apart from being proprietary, DLSS 2 has great merit.
    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post
      There's ample evidence at Digital Foundry on YouTube that DLSS 2 can improve fidelity even above what can be rendered at native resolution, see e.g. the recently released God of War on Steam.
      God of War on PC is superb! Alex Battaglia goes fully in-depth on the port, produced by Sony Santa Monica and Jetpack, with options analysis, performance tes...

Check out the section between 4m16s ~ 8m44s, it's quite worth it.
      I haven't looked into it much, but wasn't DLSS notable for messing up the visuals for Kratos's beard in God of War?

Edit: I've watched most of the video now, and it's well done. However, note that 99% of their DLSS comparisons are to the original PS5 with it's fake 4K checkerboarding implementation, which sucks. The couple of notes about it versus the "native" 4k on PC are noting that it can be a bit sharper than the TAA the game implements. TAA is notable for frequently causing blurriness. Now, the game won't let you disable it, and maybe that's for a good reason and the native 4K view would suck even more than with TAA, but it's not exactly a straight comparison.

Edit 2: And they actually point out some DLSS artifacts from 29:10-29:45, while saying something to the effect of "there are obviously some issues because it is image reconstruction".
      Last edited by smitty3268; 26 January 2022, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I haven't looked into it much, but wasn't DLSS notable for messing up the visuals for Kratos's beard in God of War?

Edit: I've watched most of the video now, and it's well done. However, note that 99% of their DLSS comparisons are to the original PS5 with it's fake 4K checkerboarding implementation, which sucks. The couple of notes about it versus the "native" 4k on PC are noting that it can be a bit sharper than the TAA the game implements. TAA is notable for frequently causing blurriness. Now, the game won't let you disable it, and maybe that's for a good reason and the native 4K view would suck even more than with TAA, but it's not exactly a straight comparison.

Edit 2: And they actually point out some DLSS artifacts from 29:10-29:45, while saying something to the effect of "there are obviously some issues because it is image reconstruction".
        It appears Kratos' beard is actually "fuller" without the checkerboarding artifacts (both in DLSS "Quality" and native 4K, which to me would be indistinguishable during that beard closeup in motion). As for the rest, yes indeed, thanks for pointing it out! I forgot about the video's conclusion noting a couple DLSS defects, namely more noticeable snow jitter (that is already present even at 4K native) and slight ghosting around tree branches against a solid white background. Very minor and rare according to the presenter himself. If anything, if those are the defects one has to put up with in order to have that level of fidelity on a lower-end GPU, it speaks to the quality of the implementation.
        That was interesting! Cheers and happy gaming.

Comment

Working...
        X