Steam Deck Release Pushed Back To February 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Nvidia cards and GPUs command the lion's share in desktop, HEDT and workstation computing.

If desktop Linux cannot even work properly on the lion's share of graphics cards, then it is bad and crappy, not Nvidia. End of story.
    No, that's Nvidia's fault, 100%. AMD doesn't have those issues. Intel doesn't have those issues. And the reason why is that they aren't actively hostile to the Linux community when it comes to their APIs and drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

Very little of what is in the LTT videos have any relevance for the deck.
      Yeah, I know, but to the average Joe non-linux user, it would be another time that the "Linux" word is associated with mishaps

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Yeah, I know, but to the average Joe non-linux user, it would be another time that the "Linux" word is associated with mishaps
        Which if you really think about it gives Linux say 10 mishaps and Windows 9999999 but that is the age old "no one will be fired for buying IBM" and there is nothing that we can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeoshua View Post

No, that's Nvidia's fault, 100%. AMD doesn't have those issues. Intel doesn't have those issues. And the reason why is that they aren't actively hostile to the Linux community when it comes to their APIs and drivers.
          It is Linux's own fault through and through.

An OS's job is to light up hardware and run applications. If it can't even do that, then it's trash.

Windows has zero problems with Nvidia's drivers. FreeBSD has no major problems with Nvidia's drivers. Only Linux has problems. It is Linux's own bloody responsibility to get Nvidia hardware working on its own kernel, yet it expects Nvidia to do that job for them.
          Last edited by Sonadow; 12 November 2021, 04:28 AM.

Comment

An OS's job is to light up hardware and run applications. If it can't even do that, then it's trash.

Windows has zero problems with Nvidia's drivers. FreeBSD has no major problems with Nvidia's drivers. Only Linux has problems. It is Linux's own bloody responsibility to get Nvidia hardware working on its own kernel, yet it expects Nvidia to do that job for them.
            Do you really think a it's the os vendors fault when drivers suck?

Afaik amd drivers suck on windows. So this is Microsofts fault?

And linus torvalds himself is the reason why intel drivers are good on linux?

You need a reality check.

The oss community does a good job providing drivers for linux. But it's not their job. They just do it because they (or their company) profits from it.

Comment

It is Linux's own bloody responsibility to get Nvidia hardware working on its own kernel, yet it expects Nvidia to do that job for them.
              This is the exact phrase that let me know that you have exactly zero idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Nvidia cards and GPUs command the lion's share in desktop, HEDT and workstation computing.

If desktop Linux cannot even work properly on the lion's share of graphics cards, then it is bad and crappy, not Nvidia. End of story.
                I haven't talked about Nvidia at all, and it wasnt an issue on LTT's attempt, in fact what worked strangely was his audio setup. You also seem to think I'm arguing something entirely different.

Comment

I wonder why people try and bother answering to something that is clearly either a big fat troll or the post of someone ignoring everything of both IT and professional relationships in general...

Comment

looks like they make a arch upgrade and the system brokes

Comment

Working...
                    X