X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moilami
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Nothing is for free, you just have not yet realized what price you paid.
    Damn, there should be a Free Stuff Watch website.

Leave a comment:

• piorunz
    replied
    So relieving to see fellow Linux maximalists in action. Fighting even with free games from Epic. I have over 100 games on epic, never bought one from them. I don't hate Epic for that. But some maxis hate Epic for me instead. Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by ridge View Post
    Holy shirtballs, way to derail off the main course from this feast, Epic is mentioned once and there's no stopping you people 😂
    I'd like to see some of these Epic haters hold other stores in the same light, especially Steam.
    why we should hold linux exclusiveless steam in the same light as windows exclusiveonly epicfail?

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
    What they did was actually genius. Saved the money they were going to spend on marketing, and gave away free games instead. Should be heralded by everyone, yet is not.
    those games are not free to them and they are losing a lot of money. i despise concept of exclusives, don't negotiate with terrorists and ignore their stores. i have several hundreds of games in steam, much more than i'll have time to play

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
    They are just a company that wants to make money after all.
    right now they want to grow market share
    Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
    Running their store via wine will for sure show up in their telemetry.
    they are too busy being kicked out of app stores

Leave a comment:

• akuhtr
    replied
    Originally posted by ridge View Post
    Holy shirtballs, way to derail off the main course from this feast, Epic is mentioned once and there's no stopping you people 😂
    I'd like to see some of these Epic haters hold other stores in the same light, especially Steam. None of the stores are perfect, not even GOG.

Anyways.

I've been using Lutris 0.5.9 beta for a while and this might be the most exciting update for Lutris so far, amazing work by the team.

Steam nor GOG cannot be blamed for the lack of Linux support. We also can't blame them for bribing game developers who have announced support for Linux to release the game exclusively on their store and, as a result, cut, or at least push back linux support.
    Both GoG and Steam have problems, but ones that aren't important to me

Leave a comment:

• akuhtr
    replied
    Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

I agree with the actual sentiments you're making, just don't think they apply here. I believe in voting with my dollar, did it recently. Took my business elsewhere and felt great about it.

This could also be lack of resources. We can't just assume every company has the resources to dedicate to Linux. You guys are a *needy* group so they know they can't half-ass it. And if they do half-ass it, you're almost more insulted that they've even tried. It's a lose/lose situation.

I truly applaud Lutris and it's creator for his vision because the free games are there. I have them. 100 of them. Haven't played them all, the timing ain't right for me. But drivers are getting better, GPUs/CPUs faster, I'm in no rush. So I'm just not in the Epic is the devil camp, though I do agree it *is* a shitty situation that we don't have a Linux solution. But that's where Lutris comes in. I appreciate the project greatly. And Epic *way* afterwards for their free games. They do still deserve recognition. They didn't *have* to give them away. Certainly not free, and not the AAA titles that they are giving.

Lack of resources is an argument for game developers. With them, I agree. But Epic isn't a small business, it's a corporation with over $5 billion in revenue. When a tiny itchio is able to make a Linux application, don't tell me that a company with billions in revenue isn't capable of it, especially since their app is built on multiplatform solutions and they've been supporting Mac from the start, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• ridge
    replied
    I'd like to see some of these Epic haters hold other stores in the same light, especially Steam. None of the stores are perfect, not even GOG.

Anyways.

I've been using Lutris 0.5.9 beta for a while and this might be the most exciting update for Lutris so far, amazing work by the team.

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied

This...

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Nothing is for free […]
    So what exactly do I “pay” for using e.g. KDE or Nano text editor?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X