X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuxee
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrf View Post

I recently read that the survey doesn't show for users using the beta option in Steam. Since I think Linux users who're using Steam are eager to have the newest, a good amount will likely be using beta. Would you happen to be one of them?
    I do know that it's a general issue outside of that, but this apparently can be one of the reasons.
    As usual: Utter crap. Got it on my beta client (running on my desktop) AND my normal one (running on the laptop) once each this year.

Leave a comment:

• doomie
    replied
    Originally posted by khnazile View Post
    I am not happy with current linux gaming situation. I wish Valve and other companies intrested in linux desktop invest more resouces into making standard, backwards-compatible linux runtime that would allow games and other software to survive distribution upgrades. Most of older native ports no longer work, or have issues that make them unplayable.
    Proton isn't a solution, it just makes things worse on that regard. Even Feral Interactive doesn't see native linux ports viable anymore.
    Aside from Proton, which pretty much is said solution for at least windows games, valve has something called Pressure Vessel?

Leave a comment:

• mbrf
    replied
    Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
    I open the Steam Client almost daily. No survey for me on Linux all these years, ever.
    I recently read that the survey doesn't show for users using the beta option in Steam. Since I think Linux users who're using Steam are eager to have the newest, a good amount will likely be using beta. Would you happen to be one of them?
    I do know that it's a general issue outside of that, but this apparently can be one of the reasons.

Leave a comment:

• discordian
    replied
    Originally posted by aksdb View Post
    So what? There are also Windows users who don't use Steam. So it should still give an indication of the relations.
    Only between users of a crappy gamer launcher. Users who actually care to send a survey instead hang their head in shame for having to use it.
    I proudly did hang my head in shame twice.

Leave a comment:

• aksdb
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    Always remember that this survey is for Steam customers on Linux, not Linux users.
    I have never installed Steam and like me many other Linux users I guess ... not all of us love to play or have time for it.
    So what? There are also Windows users who don't use Steam. So it should still give an indication of the relations.

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    I open the Steam Client almost daily. No survey for me on Linux all these years, ever.

Leave a comment:

• david-nk
    replied
    Originally posted by khnazile View Post
    Proton isn't a solution, it just makes things worse on that regard.
    Except it doesn't. Proton doesn't suffer from distro breakage, unlike most of the native ports, who will simply silently fail to start if they weren't compiled for your distro.
    It is precisely the standard, backwards-compatible Linux runtime you were asking for.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Always remember that this survey is for Steam customers on Linux, not Linux users.
    I have never installed Steam and like me many other Linux users I guess ... not all of us love to play or have time for it.

Leave a comment:

• lucrus
    replied
    Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

So, +0.14 is noise too. Eg. a few Windows users go to holiday so linux has big growth .
    No, if you look at previous months (years) variations, you'll notice that Linux usually moved in the range of +/- 0.03%, and I bet Windows user were already going on holiday from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• HEL88
    replied
    Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

Windows will shrink.
    I've been hearing this for 8 years - LOL .

The TPM 2.0 requirement will make a lot of people jump ship to Macs and Linux.
    Yep, W10 has several years full support, yet + many years security support.

New hardware on market will have everything to install W11.

No, longer support Windows like 7 has more than 5 times (!!) market share than full suport linux .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X