Proton 5.13-6 RC Continues With More Cyberpunk 2077 Fixes For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 5.13-6 RC Continues With More Cyberpunk 2077 Fixes For Linux

Phoronix: Proton 5.13-6 RC Continues With More Cyberpunk 2077 Fixes For Linux

Valve and their partners at CodeWeavers have put out a release candidate for Proton 5.13-6 as the latest version of their Wine-based software for running Windows games on Linux via Steam Play...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Must be frustrating, not knowing if you're hitting a proton bug or if it's part of the game.

Comment

Cyberpunk is really worth trying , or nah ?
      I liked eg. Deus Ex .

Comment

Originally posted by xcom View Post
        I liked eg. Deus Ex .
        i loved it.
        but it still has bugs. i consider mysql lucky that i didnt hit any gamebraking one.

Comment

CD Projekt been hacked: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...omware-attack/
          Cyberpunk source code is out

Comment

Originally posted by xcom View Post
            I liked eg. Deus Ex .
            I can also recommend it, especially if you liked Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. CP is less sneaky though, but that was a plus for me. If you don't want to get angry at the devs, better wait for the next patch. There were still some story breaking bugs in there which were quite annoying which force you to load a previous state. There is also a lot of untapped potential story-wise.

Comment

Gave Proton experimental a try with Doom (2016) Vulkan and and instantly crashed amdgpu kernel driver twice in a row, whereas it works just fine with own proton-tkg build...

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
                CD Projekt been hacked: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...omware-attack/
                Cyberpunk source code is out
                It's probably a joke, but I would really love to have the source code for TW3 (since they could not be bothered with porting). And a TW3 unreleased version? Perhaps linux version that have never seen the light of day.

Comment

Originally posted by remenic View Post
                  Must be frustrating, not knowing if you're hitting a proton bug or if it's part of the game.
                  I just test under windows also, and have found that my slow down in specific areas were proton/linux issues that probably won't be fixed anytime soon sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by remenic View Post
                    Reminds me of this:

Comment

Working...
                    X