No announcement yet.

Wine 5.22 Released With Video Playback Improvements, More PE Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why support 3DES. Kill it with fire. We don't need this shit in 2020. I know Wine wants to support everything that Windows support, but this is a bit backward step. I hope it doesn't leak into Windows http client for example.

Other than that really good release.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
      can i run madvr in wine now ?
      How do you use it normally (with which player) ?
      This is one of the things that I miss and annoys me a lot on Linux.
      On Windows I normally install K-lite codec pack that comes with MPC-HC + madvr and enabling madvr renderer is very easy.
      Do you think with this it will be possible to use madvr on Linux too with MPC-HC or other compatible player ?
      I never tried it since I always thought that Wine is for games only and my only experience with Wine is from Lutris and Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        How do you use it normally (with which player) ?
        This is one of the things that I miss and annoys me a lot on Linux.
        On Windows I normally install K-lite codec pack that comes with MPC-HC + madvr and enabling madvr renderer is very easy.
        Do you think with this it will be possible to use madvr on Linux too with MPC-HC or other compatible player ?
        I never tried it since I always thought that Wine is for games only and my only experience with Wine is from Lutris and Steam.
        Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

We have had no one testing out the K-lite codec pack with wine in ages. So its truly who knows because no one is testing and submitting reports. Only people who will know are those who try it until someone submits a report to the wine appdb. The wine project does not have unlimited resources to test everything.

Games get tested quite a bit. So does different business software that codeweavers customers use. Outside that its up to people from the community to step forward and test the applications they are interested in.

Comment

Working...
        X